Perhaps I'm late to this party - I'm just switching over from using the forums. But I'm confused on some basic tools I'm used to and how to make them work here.
1) Spam - How do we mark a discussion as spam? (http://www.geni.com/discussions/85761) Is there a moderator or spambot we can @tag?
2) RSS feed - I used to have an RSS feed on the discussions I followed so I was notified in a non-email-box-filling way that there was new discussion. Is that available on public discussions?
3) Filters - Is there a way to filter discussion by Language / discussion not linked to profiles / poster / topic group?
4) Mark all read
1) No. The need for Discussion moderators has been discussed with Noah. Geni IS planning to much improve discussions.
2) No. I just have notifications about discussions disabled. See http://www.geni.com/account_settings/notifications ==> comments in a discussion I follow
3) No filters, but you CAN display only those discussions that you choose to follow. See checkbox to the top-right of the discussion list page. Be aware though, that if you do this, you won't be aware of new discussions to choose you can follow.