merging his wife & daughter...

Started by Christopher Ross Jenkins on Monday, December 13, 2010
Showing all 9 posts
12/13/2010 at 2:07 PM

im at a loss as to how to merge without geni suggesting it....

Mary "Polly" Izard is the same as Mary Izard... and Isabella Johannes Middleton Huger has 2 profiles as well...

i would like to merge the profile in my tree into the MPs, any help would be great

thanks!

chris.

12/13/2010 at 2:44 PM

Hi Chris,

In tree view, drag and drop the profiles you think are the same on top of the MP profiles. That will generate a "merge request" that goes out for approval to the co-managers "merge centers."

If there is no response after a day or two, post back here or to the curator's attention.

12/13/2010 at 3:14 PM

thanks! i hadnt realized that was a way to merge, id been using the sideways tree & direct ancestor mode in the standard tree view...

also the birthdates for the Mary Izard profiles were way different, but im pretty sure the one i have in my tree is more correct... the MP birthdate has her being 17 years Arthur Middleton's senior...

thanks for the tip tho! makes alot more sense now...

12/13/2010 at 3:16 PM

Be sure and include source information, including a website URL if you have it, that backs up your belief of "more correct" dates.

This is the way the tree gets better -- with your help like this.

12/13/2010 at 3:28 PM

cool, yeh, the exact date i have is unfortunately from just a rootweb source (altho ive found it to be pretty reliable).. the year is actually confirmed by the middleton place website... ill put both links into her profile :)

Private User
12/13/2010 at 3:43 PM

Chris, Welcome to Geni. I completed that merge for you. But there is conflicting data to be resolved.

Go to a profile in that area and click More Actions. Under that, click View Nearby Merge Issues. Look at Tree Conflicts and Data Conflicts.

Good luck!

12/13/2010 at 3:46 PM

The Middleton Place website should be good: it's their family. :) Rootsweb depends on the source data they site.

I heard that the Middleton papers have been donated to a library in Charleston and a whole room built out to preserve that data. I think I put in the library URL in one of the profiles there.

12/13/2010 at 4:08 PM

@ david, thanks.. seems tho that the MP for mary izard has her grandfather as her father... they are both walter izard... any suggestions on how to fix this? should i go through with the merge and then change the birth/death dates & reassign parents?

@ erica.. one of these days im just going to have to go spend some time in charleston and get alot of good source info.. hardly a old charles towne family i DONT descend from lol i guess thats just how it was back in the day...

12/13/2010 at 5:18 PM

OK looks like I'll have to work on the Mary Middleton family for ya. Can you get it sourced it out and I'll start some merges?

I heard the library Middleton Room is awesome. Brand new, climate controlled, primary documents ....

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion