My husbands parents broke up and his mother´s now married to another guy. In the geni however his mother now has two husbands. I added his father and mother as I created the tree but now I must change the connection to ex husband. I don´t know how and I keep getting mails from the new husband that I should do it asap. Please, I need help fast. You can answer here but could you send me email at firstname.lastname@example.org I´d be grateful
all of these profiles are claimed. So Liisi will have to explain to her mother how to do it.
1) Tell her to log in to Geni, and open her own profile, by clicking the link with her name at the top.
2) On the right side of the profile she will see a link that says "Edit Profile". Click that.
3) On the left side of the screen she will now see a list of tabs. Click the one that says "Relationships".
4) She should now see details about her Parents and her two partners.
5) Next to each partner's name, is a box where it says "Husband". If she clicks that, she can change it to "Ex-husband (divorced)".
6) Press the big Save button at the bottom of the page,
as Ofir says, the ONLY thing that will enable you to edit a claimed profile, is for the profile owner to manually enable it. They would do that by following this link: http://www.geni.com/account_settings/permissions and checking [at least] the second checkbox. Don't forget to press the "Save Changes" button on the bottom.
A side note: if you have pending merges in your trees, that are with claimed profiles, then also, unless the user has done the above, only THEY will be able to complete this merge.
BUT, experience shows that merging with a claimed profile, has side-effects that can upset the user. It changed things like the Added-By and related stuff. So just DON'T. What you do instead is merge all of the adjacent NON-claimed profiles, make sure all connections are moved to the claimed profile (from the duplicate), and then just delete the duplicate. If the duplicate is NOT actually managed by you, you should first send a message to the managers explaining. Deleting people's profiles totally freaks them out!
Liisi Tullus - Kas sa said oma küsimusele vastuse? Su mehe-ema ( http://www.geni.com/people/Helve-Kaljuvee/600000000956388591 ) on ju ise Geni kasutaja. Ta võiks siis ise oma isikukirje teisel lehel ( http://www.geni.com/profile/edit_relationships/600000000956388591 ) selle hr Tulluse oma endiseks meheks märkida.