Private User - I just had to report a dear relative's profile as deceased last month. There is an option on each profile to Report the profile that has a drop down box where you can choose "report deceased" and there's a place to put a note in too I believe. I asked them to pass management to my relative's daughter.
They did not notify me when they did this change and they passed management to another relative, but they did respond to my reporting the person as deceased.
I'll check this thread in a minute. Can you see if you can report the profile as deceased and let me know. I can report it as deceased and ask them to pass management to you, but who they pass management to differs depending upon factors I don't quite understand. I believe if there is a co-manager, it is the co-manager with the most profiles managed.
I am sorry for your loss, Private User.
If there is a computer where you father is logged in, use that browser to:
1. Click on Account (top right)
2. Select Account Settings (NOT Logout)
3. Choose Close Account (shortcut http://www.geni.com/account_settings/close_account)
4. Choose "This person is deceased" as the reason
5. Fill the box bellow "Type the two words"
6. Click Close Account
7. Update his profile with date and location of death and burial - his profile is marked as deceased after closing the account