Curators - I need assistance to rectify numerous problems concerning Mary Lord (1649-1736) at:
I apologize in advance for the length of this request, but it is complicated since there are two major issues here (1) involving the two Mary Lord's, and (2) the entire family line of the Lord Family from Mary Lord (1649-1736) through Richard Lord (c. 1555-1610):
PROBLEM 1: There are two Mary Lord's involved here:
1. Mary Lord (1649-1736), daughter of William Lord (1618-1678) and Harriet "Hattie" Nickerson (c. 1621-1664); This Mary Lord married Samuel Olmstead (1653-1726), son of Nicholas Olmstead and Sarah Loomis. This marriage is correctly reflected at:
2. Following the death of Sarah Loomis (1617-1689), Nicholas Olmstead (1612-1684) also married a "Mary Lord", but she was Mrs. Mary (nee Unknown) Lord, widow of Dr. Thomas Lord, which is INCORRECTLY reflected at:
What should be reflected is "Mary Lord, Wife of Thomas Lord-Widowed" not Mary Lord (1649-1736), daughter of William Lord and Harriet "Hattie" Nickerson. Very little is know of this Mary Lord, including her maiden name and birth date/location. The only reference to this Mary Lord is:
1.↑ Savage, James. A Genealogical Dictionary of the First Settlers of New England: Showing Three Generations of Those Who Came Before May, 1692, on the Basis of Farmer's Register. 4 Volumes. (Boston: Little, Brown, and Co, 1860-1862), Vol. 3, p.
[Savage gives two records of Thomas Lords marrying and having children at the same time]
THOMAS, Wethersfield, s[on]. of the preced[ing]. b[orn]. in Eng[land]. was a physician and surg[eon]. for whose serv[ice]. the Gen[eral]. C[our]t. made liberal contr[acts]. in 1652, as in Trumbull, Col[ony]; Rec[ord]. 1. 234, appears, correct[ly]. stat[ed]. by Hinman, 47; but he mistakes in call[ing]. him the earliest on the rec[ords]. He was also employ[ed]. as sch[ool].master; by w[ife]. Mary had Hannah, b[orn]. 1656; Mary, 1659; and prob[ably]. Sarah; beside Dorothy, the first b[orn]. 17 Aug. 1653. He d[ied]. a[bout]. 1661, and his wid[ow]. m[arried]. an Olmstead.
Note: Mary Lord (1649-1736) is currently reflected on the World Tree as being Married to Nicholas Olmstead (1612-1684) and his son Samuel Olmstead (1653-1726). She should be correctly married to Samuel Olmstead only!
PROBLEM 2: Currently, the World Tree reflects the following marriages for Mary Lord (1649-1653) at:
1. Samuel Olmstead (1653-1726): This union is correct on the tree!
2. Thomas Lord (1616-1661): This union is correct on the tree
3. Nicholas Olmstead (1612-1684): As referenced above, this union is incorrect and should be removed!
4. Joseph Pemberton (1655-1702): I can find no sourced references to show that this Mary Lord was married to Joseph Pemberton. There is a source reference in the New England Marriages Prior to 1700 which shows that this Joseph Pemberton married in Stoneington, CT on March 1683 a Marie (Lord) Minor (-1717, New London, CT). This may be the confusion; therefore recommend that this union be removed from Mary Lord (1649-1736).
PROBLEM 3: Mary Lord (1649-1736 is incorrectly shown as the daughter of Thomas Lord (1618-1678 at:
Mary Lord (1649-1736) is the daughter of William Lord (1618-1678) and Harriet "Hattie" Nickerson (c. 1621-1664). The profile labeled Dr. Thomas Lord (1618-1736) at:
has been changed some..all of the dates, the spouse (Hattie Nickerson), and the profile narrative are accurate for William Lord...I think that the profile name was erroneously changed at some point in time and should be changed to correctly reflect William Lord instead of Thomas Lord!
Currently, the profile for Harriet "Hattie" Nickerson at:
reflects that she is married to Dr. Thomas Lord (which should be changed to William Lord in the profile) and to two "ADD THIS PERSON". It would be easier just to delete the ADD THIS PERSON profiles and just add the proper childre and siblings. If Curators decide to do this removal, I will correctly add the children of William Lord and Hattie Nickerson.
PROBLEM 4: This should be the final issue for this round on the Lord's and it involves the spouses of William Lord (Current profile name Dr. Thomas Lord..which should be changed) at:
His spouses reflected on the tree include:
1. Harriet "Hattie" Nickerson; This profile id correct!
2. Lydia Lord (Brown): She, I believe, is the same person as Lydia Buckland. This profile should be merged with Lydia Buckland!
3. UNKNOWN Lord: This profile should be removed!
4. Hannah Thurston (1620-1681): She was married to Dr. Thomas Lord (1616-1661 on 23 sep 1652 in Hartford, CT. This profile should be removed once the name in Dr. Thomas Lord's profile is changed to William Lord!
5. Mary Lord: There is no source to support Mary Lord marrying William Lord. Remove this profile!
6. Lydia Buckland (1637-1700): She was married to William Lord and this profile is accurate!
7. ADD THIS PERSON should be removed as a spouse for William Lord (once the profile name of Dr. Thomas Lord is properly changes to William Lord!
Should some Curator be brave enough to take on this challenge, I can send a message which includes more data AND all the verified sourcing for above.