API Roadmap / Support Insert date?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts

Hello Geni,
any chance you could share some of the future plans / timeline for the API? Please?

Specifically, how soon, if ever do you plan to allow INSERTING data to the site via the API. As far as I can tell, presently the API only allows retrieval and some manipulation of existing data (e.g. merge conflicts resolution).

This came up in a discussion regarding creating a go-between application to allow transfer of data from the Yad Vashem Holocaust DB into Geni.

5/16/2011 at 6:27 AM

We don't have a roadmap per-se, but add/update functionality should be released soon. I'm hoping by the end of the month, but cannot make any promises.

Private User
5/19/2011 at 2:20 AM

Shmuel-Aharon Kam (Kahn / שמואל-אהרן קם (קאן , - As far as I understand the API will give you access to create and tag profiles to documents.

What exactly are you looking for?

It wasn't MY idea. We probably get the community to define a spec, but I think the 3 primary functions of such an app. would be:

1) Using profile information on Geni, do searches of the YV DB.
2) Using information in YV DB, ADD profiles to Geni.
3) Transfer PDFs / images to Geni as documents, with and without connection to 1 & 2.

Private User
5/19/2011 at 4:39 AM

At least #3 would be possible, - if the YV DB have an API that make it possible to automatic add documents and at least highlight Geni profiles that needs additions and corrections.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion