Ulysses Sparks

Started by Private User on Friday, May 27, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
Private User
5/27/2011 at 8:59 AM

Ulysses was my great grandfather. I'd like to find a photo of him for my family tree.

5/27/2011 at 4:45 PM

Private User

I did a quick search on ancestry.com and although I didn't find a picture of your 2GG father Ulysses G. Sparks I did find a picture of his mother Louise Jane Sparks

In addition to her photo there are sources showing her in the 1850-1930 census records.

Do you already have a picture of Louise Creech?

--Randy

Private User
5/28/2011 at 10:21 AM

Hi Randy: No, I don;'t have a photo of Louisa. Can you send a digital copy of direct me to the URL? Thanks a bunch. Ed Waddell

5/28/2011 at 11:22 AM

Ok I'll spend some time on ancestry.com seeing what might be useful to you and will probably attach the info or pictures directly to the corresponding profile on geni.com

--Randy

5/28/2011 at 11:49 AM

I've uploaded a headshot of Loise and a gravestone photo for her.
Additionally I've uploaded some photo's of her parents.

You'll find that I added an extract from the 1880 census in the "about me" section of Ulysses G. Sparks

Most importantly there seems to be a lot of research already completed on these families on ancestry.com. If you don't have a subscription to their website you may well be able to visit an LDS family history branch center and use their access to ancestry.com to get all of the info. You can find your nearest familyseach center by typing in your address here:
https://www.familysearch.org/locations

Good luck and happy hunting!

Private User
5/30/2011 at 6:57 AM

Thanks, Randy. That's terrific.

Private User
5/30/2011 at 7:02 AM

According to my grandmother, her father (Ulysses) middle initial was S, not G. He was named after then president Grant. I guess it was probably transcribed incorrectly from then handwritten census records. His father was George Washington (nickname "Wash") Sparks.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion