Abigail Peckett (Seymour)
|Birthplace:||Norwalk, Connecticut Colony|
|Death:||Died in Stratford, Fairfield County, Connecticut Colony|
|Managed by:||Private User|
view all 30
About Abigail Peckett
- Genealogy of the descendants of Richard Seymour, from the first settlement of Hartford, Conn. in 1635 (1880)
- RICHARD SEYMOUR.— One of the original settlers of Hartford, Ct., and as such his name appears on a monument erected in 1837 to the memory of the forefathers of the city in the ancient burying ground. His house was on Burr St. He probably came with Mr. Hooker's congregation from Chelmsford, Essex County, England. The history of this embryo republic (Mr. H's congregation) is given in Mr. Trumbull's History of Connecticut. They first settled in Cambridge, Mass., but thinking to better themselves, removed to Hartford in 1639. He went from there to Norwalk in 1653 and died in 1655.
- He left four sons :
- Thomas, John, Zachariah, Richard.
- SECOND GENERATION.
- THOMAS married H. Marvin in 1653. His children were:
- Hannah, Mary, Thomas, Mathew, Abigail, Sarah, Mercy, Elizabeth, Rebecca.
- JOHN married M. Watson, lived in Hartford, on the south side of Little River. He died in 1713. His age is not known, but his will, dated in 1712, which is preserved in the Probate office, speaks of his being advanced in life. His children were:
- John, Margaret, Richard, Zachary, Mary, Thomas, Jonathan, Nathaniel.
- ZACHARIAH married and had four children whose names are not given.
- RICHARD married and had three sons:
- Samuel, Richard, John.
- THIRD GENERATION.
- JOHN married E. Webster in 1643. Their children were:
- John, Jonathan, Zebulon, Daniel, Nathaniel, Moses, Timothy, Susanna, Richard, Elizabeth, Margaret.
- MARY and MARGARET not given.
- THOMAS married R. Norton, and after her death M. Waters. Their children were:
- Mary, Thomas, Sarah, Jerusha, Ruth, Basil, Alice.
- RICHARD married M. Wilson. No children given.
- JONATHAN ____.
- ZACHARY married H. Olmstead.
- NATHANIEL married and had three children:
- Hannah, Zachariah, Rebecca.
- PICKETT, Thomas
- b. 19 NOV 1648 Salem, Essex, Mass.
- d. 1712 Danbury, Fairfield, CT.
- Marriage: AFT 1681
- Spouse: BARNUM, Sarah
- b. 1665 Norwalk, Fairfield, CT.
- d. 1744
- Father: BARNUM, Thomas
- Mother: HURD, Hannah
- PICKETT, Ephraim b. 1 MAR 1685/6 Stratford, Fairfield, CT.
- PICKETT, Thomas
- PICKETT, Sarah
- PICKETT, James b. 2 JUN 1697 Stratford, Fairfield, CT.
- PICKETT, Joseph b. 28 MAR 1700 Stratford, Fairfield, CT. d. 1766 Danbury, Fairfield, CT.
- PICKETT, Benjamin b. 15 APR 1703 Stratford, Fairfield, CT. d. 1724 Danbury, Fairfield, CT.
- PICKETT, Ebenezer
- Marriage: 16 NOV 1676 Stratford, Fairfield, CT.
- Spouse: SEYMOUR, Abigail
- b. JAN 1655/6 Norwalk, Fairfield, CT.
- d. ABT 1693 Stratford, Fairfield, CT.
- Father: SEYMOUR, Thomas
- Mother: MARVIN, Hannah
- PICKETT, Hannah
- PICKETT, Jacob b. 16 FEB 1680/1 Stratford, Fairfield, CT.
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_57.htm#209
Abigail Peckett's Timeline
Norwalk, Connecticut Colony
Stratford, Fairfield County, Connecticut Colony
November 18, 1930
November 21, 1930
May 10, 1943