Abigail Parmenter (Brewer)
|Birthplace:||Sudbury, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA|
|Death:||Died in Sudbury, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Abigail Parmenter
view all 13
About Abigail Parmenter
- 'Historic homes and places and genealogical and personal memoirs ..., Volume 2 edited by William Richard Cutter
- Pg. 623
- John Brewer, the immigrant ancestor, was born in England about 1620. He settled in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where he was a proprietor as early as 1644-45. Very little is known about him. He married Ann __. He removed to Sudbury, Massachusetts, about 1646. His first two children were born in Cambridge, the other three in Sudbury. There was another John Brewer among the early settlers at Ipswich, Massachusetts. Thomas Brewer, very likely his brother, was also a pioneer at Ipswich. The only other early settler in Massachusetts was Daniel Brewer, of Roxbury, who may have been related to John Brewer, of this pedigree. Children of John and Ann Brewer: 1. John born October 10, 1642, mentioned below. 2. Hannah, born January 18, 1645, married, at Sudbury, February 25, 1664, Daniel Goble. 3. Mary, born September 23, 1648. 4. William, born October 6, 1653. 5. Sarah, born March 27, 1658.
- (II) John Brewer, son of John Brewer (I), was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts, October 10, 1642, died January 1, 1690-91. He lived in Sudbury, married Elizabeth Rice, daughter of Henry Rice, and granddaughter of the pioneer Edmund Rice. (See Rice Sketch). She died in February, 1693. Children: 1. Lieutenant John, born September 29, 1669, married Mary Jones, settled in Watertown. 2. Elizabeth, born May 21, 1670. 3. Hannah, born March 22, 1672. 4. James, born September 10, 1675, deacon of Sudbury church; married, in 1703, Elizabeth Grout. 5. Sarah, born January 14, 1678. 6. Mary, born March 17, 1679-80. 7. 'Abigail, born April 5, 1682'. 8. Martha, born March 5, 1685. 9. Jonathan, born June 21, 1689, mentioned below.
- 'A catalogue of the names of the early Puritan settlers of the colony of ... By Royal Ralph Hinman
- Brewer, Widow Joanna, of Roxbury, Mass., d. 1688, aged 87 years; said to have come to N. England about 1633, with a family, and to have been the wife of a brother of Daniel Brewer first of Roxbury. "Ann, widow Brewer's daughter d. 1658."
- Brewer, Capt. John, of Cambridge, Mass., (probably son of Joanna.) Wife Ann, had son John, b. in Cambridge, Nov. 8, 1642, and a daughter Hannah, b. Jan'y 18, 1644. Married 2d wife Mary Whitmore of Lynn, Oct. 23, 1647, and had children, Mary, b. 1648; William, b. 1653; Sarah, b. 1658, married Samuel Graves, of Lynn, March 12, 1678, and had 3 chldren, Crispus, Hannah and Samuel. John Jr., settled in Sudbury, m. Elizabeth Rice, and had 9 children, John, b. 1669; Elizabeth, Hannah, James, 1675; Sarah, 1678; Mary, 1680; 'Abigail, 1682'; Martha, 1685, and Jonathan, 1689. From John Brewer, Jr.., descended the numerous and respectable families of Sudbury, Framingham, Hopkinton, Tyringham, &c.
- 'Genealogical and personal memoirs relating to the families of the ..., Volume 4 edited by William Richard Cutter, William Frederick Adams
- Pg. 2477
- (VII) John Fox, .........
- The line of descent is as follows: (1) John Brewer and his wife Anne from England, were early in Cambridge, Massachusetts, whence they removed to Sudbury in 1647. (2) John (2), son of John (1) and Anne Brewer, was born September 10 1642, and resided in Sudbury, where he died January 1, 1691. He married Elizabeth, daughter of Henry and Elizabeth (Moore) Rice, born August 4, 1648, in Cambridge. Children: John, Elizabeth, Hannah, James, Sarah, Mary, 'Abigail', Martha and Jonathan.
- 'John Frost
- Generation No. 6
- 39. Elizabeth6 Rice (Henry5, Thomasine4 Frost, Edward3, John2, John1) was born August 04, 1648, and died February 1693/94 in Sudbury/ Framingham, Ma. She married John Brewer II Abt. 1668 in Ma, son of John Brewer and Ann. He was born October 10, 1642, and died January 01, 1689/90 in Sudbury, Ma.
- More About Elizabeth Rice: Burial: March 12, 1693/94, widows estate settled
- More About John Brewer II:Lived: Sudbury, Framingham, Ma
- Children of Elizabeth Rice and John Brewer are:
- 49 i. Jonathan7 Brewer, born June 21, 1689 in Ma; died 1753 in Framingham, Ma. He married Arabella Goulding April 17, 1716 in Ma; born Abt. 1693 in Ma; died Abt. 1774 in Framingham or, Sudbury, Ma. More About Jonathan Brewer: Burial: 1753, estate administered Lived: Framingham, Ma Her father's family is known because she sold land left to her by her brother Thomas Goulding to Palmer Goulding, another brother, from there her last name is known and a will was found for Peter, her father. (from Genealogy of the decendents of several nacient Puritans by Morse 1857) More About Arabella Goulding: Burial: 1774, estate administered
- 50 ii. John Lt. Brewer, born September 29, 1669; died May 05, 1709. He married Hannah Jones bet. 1686-1706; born bet. 1665-1684 in of Watertown; died bet. 1686-1768.
- 51 iii. Elizabeth Brewer, born May 02, 1671; died bet. 1672-1765.
- 52 iv. Hannah Brewer, born 1672; died bet. 1673-1766.
- 53 v. James Brewer, born September 10, 1675; died bet. 1692-1765. He married (1) Elizabeth Grout bet. 1692-1725; born bet. 1671-1691; died bet. 1692-1775. He married (2) Abigail Smith bet. 1692-1725; born bet. 1671-1691; died bet. 1692-1775. He married (3) Johanna Singleton bet. 1692-1725; born bet. 1671-1691 in widow; died bet. 1692-1775.
- 54 vi. Sarah Brewer, born January 14, 1677/78; died bet. 1706-1772. She married Caleb Bridges 1700; born bet. 1654-1680; died bet. 1705-1767.
- 55 vii. Mary Brewer, born March 17, 1679/80; died bet. 1694-1774. She married Benjamin Ball bet. 1694-1727; born bet. 1663-1683 in of Framingham; died bet. 1697-1769.
- 56 viii. 'Abigail Brewer, born April 05, 1682; died 1758. She married David Parmenter bet. 1696-1728; born bet. 1665-1685; died bet. 1699-1771.
- 57 ix. Martha Brewer, born March 05, 1684/85; died bet. 1686-1779. Web Site owner is Pauline Drury & Mark Drury This site Designed & Maintained by Pauline Drury. Web-Design ©copyright 1995 - 2075 If you need something please ask
Abigail Parmenter's Timeline
April 5, 1682
Sudbury, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA
June 6, 1758
Sudbury, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA