Adriaen Hendrickse Aten
|Also Known As:||"Adriaen Hendricksen Aten", "Aaten", "Aate", "Aeten", "Atje"|
|Birthplace:||Of Doesburg, Gelderland, Netherlands|
|Death:||Died in Flatbush, Long Island, New York|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Adriaen Hendrickse Aten
About Adriaen Hendrickse Aten
Adriaen Hendrickse Aten was born abt. 1615  of Doesburg Arnhem, Gelderland, Netherland and died 09 May 1700. 
Parents: Hendrick Auten Aten (b. abt 1590) and a woman whose name is not known 
- in 1677 in New York to Elizabeth Thomas; she was also known as Lijsbet. She was born in 1635 and married Lubberts first. 
- 1665 - Emigrated to New Netherlands 
- 1680 - Settled in Kings County, Long Island (present day Flatbush, Brooklyn) 
- 1687 - 26-30 September: Took the oath of allegiance in Kings County in the Province of New York [source3]
- 1690 - Residing in Flatbush, Kings County  [fn1] [source3]
- “THE ATEN FAMILY was originally Scotch, but many of its members fled from persecution on account of their religion, first to France, and then to the Netherlands, with whose inhabitants they became identified, and with whom their descendants came to America as Dutch. [source4]
- Adrian settled in Flatbush (now Brooklyn) in 1651, the year in which he immigrated from Holland.
- He was chosen as constable in 1665. Various land transfers to him and by him appear in the Flatbush rate sheets for the years 1675, 1676, 1683 and 1698. In his oath of allegiance taken with his sons, Hendrick and Thomas in Flatbush in 1687, he states that he was a native of Holland and had lived in Flatbush for 36 years.
- Adrian Hendricks Aten was at Flatbush in 1684 [Somerset County Historical Quarterly, Vol. V, p. 120].
- * September 26 - 30, 1687 Off fflackbush Maytsh Raidne annoque Domine adriaen hend aaten, 36 years Son native hendrick aaten, of Breucklijn Thomas aaten native off fflackbush [Documentary History of New York, Vol. 1, pp. 429-430].
- Remarks: [In this country] "36 yeare". Household remarks: The roll of those who have taken the oath of allegiance in Kings County in the Province of New York, 26-30 September 1687-"off fflackbush".
- FamilySearch™ International Genealogical Index v5.0
- Place: New Netherland; Year: 1665; Page Number: 87. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc, 2010.
- Place: New York, New York; Year: 1680; Page Number: 16. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s - Gale Research. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index, 1500s-1900s [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc, 2010.
- Ancestry.com. New York Genealogical Records, 1675-1920 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004.
- Yates Publishing. U.S. and International Marriage Records, 1560-1900 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004.
- Ancestry.com. U.S. Census Reconstructed Records, 1660-1820 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2011.
- BERGEN, TEUNIS G. Register, in Alphabetical Order, of the Early Settlers of Kings County, Long Island, New York, from its First Settlement by Europeans to 1700; With Contributions to Their Biographies and Genealogies, Compiled from Various Sources. Baltimore: Clearfield Co., 1997. 452p.
- VIRKUS, FREDERICK A., editor. Immigrants to America before 1750. An Alphabetical List of Immigrants to the Colonies, before 1750, Compiled from Official and Other Records. Surnames 'A through Battles.' Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1965. 220p.
- The Documentary History of the State of New York [Albany, NY:, 1849]. Volume Number: Vol 1. Page Number: 659. Family Number: 33.
- History of Hunterdon and Somerset Counties, NJ by James P. Snell (1881), page 486:
view all 15
Adriaen Hendrickse Aten's Timeline
Of Doesburg, Gelderland, Netherlands
Doesburg, , Gelderland, Netherlands
Doesburg, , Gelderland, Netherlands
Midwout, Long Island, Nieuw-Nederland
Flatbush, Long Island, New York
Flatbush, Kings, New York, United States
March 31, 1678
Flatbush, Long Island, Province of New York
March 20, 1696