Agnes Gordon of Huntly
|Birthplace:||Huntly, Aberdeenshire, Scotland|
|Death:||Died in Scotland|
Daughter of George Gordon, 2nd Earl of Huntly and Elizabeth Hay, Countess of Huntly
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Agnes Gordon of Huntly
About Agnes Gordon of Huntly
6. Lady Agnes Gordon, mar. James Ogilvy, Yr of Deskford and Findlater (dvp. 1 Feb 1505/6), 1st son and heir ap. of Sir James Ogilvy of Deskford and Findlater by his first wife Margaret Innes, dau. of Sir Robert Innes, 11th of that Ilk, and had issue
- Alexander Ogilvy, of Deskford, Findlater and Ogilvy
- James Ogilvy
- John Ogilvy
- Patrick Ogilvy
- George Ogilvy
- Elizabeth Ogilvy
2nd married Agnes Gordon 5 td 15 2m. Gilbert Hay of Kilmallock [http://www.stirnet.com/HTML/genie/british/gg/gordon02.htm]
From Douglas Hickling, 2003, as quoted in Rootsweb database
"Probably the last and most authoritative word on Annabella's children as the Countess of Huntly belongs to Alison Weir in BRITAIN'S ROYAL FAMILIES, at 232. She regards Isabel as the only probable child of Annabella's marriage to the earl. She says that "Annabella was also possibly, but improbably," the mother of Janet, Elizabeth, Margaret, and Agnes. ..."
George 2nd Earl of Huntly had illegitimate children:
- L. Alexander Gordon. Had letters of legitimation in Oct 1500.
- M. Agnes Gordon. Married James Ogilvy of Findlater.
- The Scots Peerage Vol IV page 531. "The second Earl also had a natural son, Alexander, who had letters of legitimation 8 October 1500. Also a natural daughter Agnes, married to James Ogilvy of Findlater.". Comment: Leo van de Pas has the name of the natural daughter as Margaret with a birth date about 1470, not 1480.
- Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage, Baronetage and Knightage, London, 1938, Reference: Page 2203
m. James Ogilvy; mother of Alexander who m. Janet Abernethy. [Richard Hodgson <firstname.lastname@example.org]
Dau of George Gordon, 2nd Earl of Huntly; m. Sir Gilbert Hay. [Paul Moynagh <email@example.com, 19 May 2002]
Dau of George Gordon, 2nd Earl of Huntly, and Lady Elizabeth Hay; m. James Ogilvy of Deskford. They are ancestors of Lady Diana Spencer and Sarah Ferguson. [Leo van de Pas <firstname.lastname@example.org, 7 Apr 2001]
Lady Agnes Gordon is the daughter of George Gordon, 2nd Earl of Huntly and Lady Elizabeth Hay.1 She married James Ogilvy, 3rd of Deskford and Findlater, son of Sir James Ogilvy, 2nd of Deskford and Findlater and Margaret Innes.1 Her married name became Ogilvy.1
Lady Agnes Gordon married James Ogilvy of Deskford and Findlater, son of Sir James Ogilvy of Deskford and Findlater and Margaret Innes.1
She is the daughter of George Gordon, 2nd Earl of Huntly and Lady Elizabeth Hay.1 Her married name became Ogilvy.1
Child of Lady Agnes Gordon and James Ogilvy of Deskford and Findlater
- Alexander Ogilvy of Deskford and Findlater+2
- [S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 2, page 2011. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
# [S4053] Christopher Davis, "re: Barton Family," e-mail message to Darryl Roger LUNDY (101053), 30 October 2009. Hereinafter cited as "re: Barton Family."
Illegitimate daughter of Sir George Gordon, 2nd Earl of Huntly.