Alfred Edwin Best
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Place of Burial:||Atlantic Ocean|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Alfred Edwin Best
About Alfred Edwin Best
- Name: Mr Alfred Edwin Best
- Born in Hampshire England
- Age: 38 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at 87 Malmesbury Road Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Saloon Steward Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered
Mr Alfred Edwin Best, 38, was born in Hampshire.
When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 87 Malmesbury Road, (Southampton). As a first class steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s. His last ship had been the Olympic.
Best died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
A death announcement was published:
Best, Edwin Alfred, aged 36, husband of Annie Best of Malmesbury Road, Freemantle, S-n." Documents Crew Particulars of Engagement
References Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)
Contributors Peter Engberg-Klarström, Sweden