Matching family tree profiles for Alice Bonville
About Alice Bonville
Inquisitions Post Mortem for Alice widow of Ralph Carmynowe, Chevalier and widow of William Bonevile, Chevalier.
mentions: John Rodenay, knight, her late husband
She died on 27 March . William Bonevyle, knight, was her kinsman and next heir as son of Elizabeth her daughter, and was aged 30 years and more.
- 'F, d. 27 March 1426
- ' Alice married John FitzRoger, Lord Chewton, son of Sir Henry FitzRoger and Elizabeth de Holand, before 26 April 1369; A minor when married; they had 1 daughter, Elizabeth.3 Alice married Sir Edmund de Clyvedon between 1371 and 1372.3 Alice married Sir Ralph Carminow, son of Sir Walter Carminow and Alice Tynton, before 18 November 1383.3 Alice married Sir John Rodney, Sheriff of Somerset & Dorset, son of Walter Rodney and Dorothy St. John, before 27 January 1389.3 Alice married Sir William Bonville, son of Nicholas Bonville and Johanna Champernon, before 6 June 1402.3 Alice died on 27 March 1426; Buried in the nave of the church of Newnham Monastery beside her 5th husband.3
- 'Family 1 John FitzRoger, Lord Chewton b. bt 1345 - 1352, d. bt 1370 - 1372
- ◦Elizabeth FitzRoger+3 b. 15 Aug 1370, d. 15 Apr 1414
- 'Family 2 Sir Edmund de Clyvedon d. 16 Jan 1376
- 'Family 3 Sir Ralph Carminow d. bt 9 Oct 1386 - Jan 1387
- 'Family 4 Sir John Rodney, Sheriff of Somerset & Dorset d. 19 Dec 1400
- ◦Walter Rodney+4 b. c 1399
- 'Family 5 Sir William Bonville d. 11 Feb 1408
- 1.[S7081] Unknown author, Wallop Family, p. 329; Ancestral Roots of 60 Colonists, p. 230.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 127.
- 3.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 126.
- 4.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, SLC Archives.
- 'Magna Carta ancestry: a study in colonial and medieval families By Douglas Richardson, Kimball G. Everingham
- Pg. 108
- '8. JOHN FITZ ROGER, of Chewton, Somerset, West Kington, Wilts, and Mapperton, Dorset, 3rd son, born 1345-52. He married before 26 April 1369 ALICE ___. They had one daughter, Elizabeth. JOHN FITZ ROGER died 1370-72. His widow, Alice, married (2nd (as his 2nd wife) Edmund de Clyvedon, Knt. (died 16 Jan. 1375/6, of Clyvedon, Somerset, (3rd) (as his 2nd wife) before 18 Nov. 1383 Ralph Carminow, Knt. (died 9 Oct. 1386 or after Jan. 1387); (4th) (as his 2nd wife) before 27 Jan. 1389 John Rodney (or Rodeney), Knt. (died 19 Dec. 1400), of Backwell and Rodney Stoke, Somerset, Knight of the Shire for Somerset, Sheriff of Somerset and Dorset; and (5th) as his 2nd wife) before 6 June 1402 William Bonville (or Bonevyle), Knt., of Shute and Northleigh, Devon (died 11 Feb. 1408). Alice died 27 March 1426, and was buried in the nave of the church of Newnham Monastery beside her 5th husband.
- 'Alice Cheddar1
- 'F, #144394, b. 1348, d. 1426
- Last Edited=7 Apr 2005
- ' Alice Cheddar was born in 1348.1 She married John FitzRoger, son of Sir Henry FitzRoger. She died in 1426.1
- ' Her married name became FitzRoger.1
- 'Child of Alice Cheddar and John FitzRoger
- Elizabeth FitzRoger+ b. 1370, d. 14141
- [S1292] Steve Addison, "re: Dickinson Family," e-mail message from <e-mail address> (unknown address) to Darryl Lundy, 11 and 16 March 2005. Hereinafter cited as "re: Dickinson Family".
Alice was also called Alice Cheddar.
She was a "minor" at the time of her 1st marriage before 26 April 1369, with Lord of Chewton John FitzRoger, son of Sir Henry fitz Roger, Knt., and Elizabeth de Holand.
Alice was a widow many times. She later married Sir Edmund de Clyvedon, Knt., in 1371/72. She married Ralph Carminow after February 1376. She married Sir John Rodeney, Knt., after 1388. She married Sir William Bonville, Knt., between 1401 and 1407. Finally she herself died, on 27 March 1426 in England; her only surviving issue was with John FitzRoger. (All those husbands, only one surviving child.)
See "My Lines"
from Compiler: R. B. Stewart, Evans, GA