|Birthplace:||Fardell, Devon, England|
|Death:||Died in Pomeroy, Totnes, Devon, England|
Daughter of John Raleigh and Matilda Raleigh
|Managed by:||Andrei Christopher Marks|
About Alice Raleigh
- Alice Raleigh1,2,3,4
- F, #90383, b. circa 1420
- Father John Raleigh5,3 b. c 1400
- Mother Matilda b. c 1407
- Alice Raleigh was born circa 1420 at of Fardell, Devonshire, England.1 She married Henry Pomeroy circa 1440.1,2,3,4
- Family Henry Pomeroy b. c 1418
- Sir St. Clair Pomeroy1,2,4 d. 31 May 1471
- Sir Richard Pomeroy, Sheriff of Devon6 b. c 1441, d. 24 May 1496
- Anne (Agnes) Pomeroy5,3 b. c 1445
- 1.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 595.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. III, p. 395-396.
- 3.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 134.
- 4.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. IV, p. 424-425.
- 5.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 696.
- 6.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 8.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p3008.htm#i90383
- New England families, genealogical and memorial: a record of the ..., Volume 2 edited by William Richard Cutter PG.881
- (XII) Edward de la Pomeroy, living 1410-46, was sheriff of Devonshire. Sons: Henry and John.
- (XIII) Sir Henry de la Pomeroy married (first) Alice Raleigh, (second) Anna Cammel.
- (XIV) Thomas Pomeroy married Agnes Keeloway and had six or more children.
- Henry IX de Pomeroy (1416-1481) (son), married Alice Raleigh, daughter of John Raleigh of Fardell, Devon. His eldest son Sir Seintclere de Pomeroy (d.1471) predeceased his father without issue.
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manor_of_Berry_Pomeroy
- History and genealogy of the Pomeroy family : colateral lines in family groups, Normandy, Great Britain and America; comprising the ancestors and descendants of Eltweed Pomeroy from Beaminster, County Dorset, England, 1630 (1912) Vol. 1
- 12. Edward de la Pomeray, son and heir, (living 1410-1446), representing the 12th generation in the direct line, succeeded to Berry Pomeray on the death of Sir Thomas, 1426. This Edward was Sheriff of County Devon. Married Margaret Bevile, who died 10 Sept. 1461. He died 3 May, 1446, seized of Berry Pomeray, Stokeley Pomeray, one-half of the manor of Harberton, one-third of the manor of Brixton, etc., by virtue of the entail as noted. Issue, Henry and John.
- 13. Sir Henry de la Pomeray, son and heir, (living 1416-1481), aged 30 and more at his father's death, and 40 and more at his mother's death, married Alice, daughter of John Raleigh of Fardell, County Devon, and by her had six children; m. (2) Anna Cammel, daughter of Robert Cammel of Tittleford, County Dorset, who died s. p. by him, although she had a daughter Johanna Barrett, by a previous marriage, who married William Kelloway of County Dorset. Children of Sir Henry de la Pomeray and Alice Raleigh: Sir Seint Clere, son and heir, d. s. p., John. Agnes, Elizabeth, Sir Richard, second son, and heir to his brother, (Sir Seint Clere) and Thomas. Sir Richard represented the succession after the death of his brother, Sir Seint Clere, in the 14th generation. At this time our authorities commence to spell the name Pomeroy.
- 14. Thomas Pomeroy, third son of Sir Henry Pomeroy and Alice Raleigh, brother of Sir Richard and Sir Seint Clere, (living 1451-1493), married Agnes Kelloway, daughter of John Kelloway, of County Dorset, who settled lands upon him and Agnes, his wife, in Cheriton, Fitzpaine. etc., in that county, 20 Sept. 1478. Children: Agnes, Anna, Margaret, Thomasine, Elizabeth, Thomas and —
- .039 HENRY de la POMERAY, (Edward, Thomas, Henry, Henry, Henry, Henry, Henry, Henry, Henry, Henry, Joscelinus, Radulphus), son and heir; aged thirty and more at his father's death, and forty and more at his mother's death. Settled Stokeley Pomeray on Sinclere Pomeray, his son, and Katharine, his wife, and their heirs, 27 Sept. 1462; d. 7 July 1481.
- Married (1) Alice, dau. of John Raleigh of Fardell, County Devon ; m. (2) Anna, dau. of Robert Cammel of Tittleford, County Dorset, widow of Henry Barrett of Whiteparish, County Wilts ; m. before 20 Sept. 1478; d. before her second husband, s. p. by him. She had a daughter, Johanna Barrett, by her first husband, who married William Kelloway, of Sherborne, County Dorset, and they had a son, John Kelloway, who had a daughter, Agnes.
- 14th gen. Children by 1st wife:
- .041 SIR SEINT CLERE POMEROY,* Knight, son and heir, d. v. p. s. p. 31 May 1471. Inquest p. m. 12 Edward IV. No. 3; m. Katharine, dau of Sir Philip Courtenay, Kt, of Powderham; widow of Thomas Rogers. She afterward married Sir William Huddesfield, vide Courtenay ped. ante, ped. 246; d. 12 Jan. 1515, at Spillingford. Inquest p. m. 7 Henry VIII. No. 14. George Rogers, her son and heir, aged thirty years and more. (The descent noted in the eleventh, twelfth and thirteenth generations is recited in the inquest taken on the death of Katherine Huddesfield, who was widow of Sir Seint Clere Pomeroy, 7 Henry VIII, No. 14.— Bond.)
- .042 SIR RICHARD POMEROY, second son, heir to his brother, Sir Seint Clere. +
- .043 JOHN POMEROY, named in the will of his brother; living 1496.
- .044 AGNES POMEROY, named in the will of her brother; 1496.
- .045 ELIZABETH POMEROY. +
- .046 THOMAS POMEROY, fourth son. +
- http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/COURTENAY2.htm#Catherine COURTENAY1
Alice Raleigh's Timeline
Fardell, Devon, England
Rousden, Devon, England
Rousdon, Devonshire, England
Abt. 1444 Berry Pomeroy, Devonshire, England
September 20, 1478
Pomeroy, Totnes, Devon, England