Elizabeth Whitney (Vaughn)
|Also Known As:||"Alice Vaughn", "Elsbeth Vaughn", "Alianor Vaughn", "Elizabeth Vaughan"|
|Death:||Died in England, United Kingdom|
Daughter of Thomas Vaughan, Knight and Ellen Gethyn
|Managed by:||Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. C...|
Matching family tree profiles for Elizabeth Whitney
About Elizabeth Whitney
- Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study In Colonial And Medieval Families, 2nd Edition ... By Douglas Richardson
- Pg. 265
- 11. JOAN TRUSSELL, married (as his 1st wife) EUSTACE WHITNEY, esq., of Whitney and Colepychard, Herfordshire, Knight of the Shire for Herefordshire, 1468, son and heir of Robert Whitney, Knt., of Whitney, Herefordshire, Sheriff of Herefordshire, 1427-8, 1432-3, 1436-7, by Angharad, daughter of Madop ap Leuan Goch. He was born about 1411 (aged 30 in 1441) They had one son, Robert, Esq. He married (2nd) JANE CLIFFORD, daughter of Robert Clifford, Knt. They allegedly had one daughter, Penelope (wife of William Abrahal). In 1457 he was sued in a plea of debt by William Forster, Citizen and tailor of London. The same year he sued John Cheyne and his wife, Perin, in a plea of land. EUSTACE WHITNEY, Esq., died 1481/1. ....
- 12. ROBERT WHITNEY, Esq., of Whitney, Herefordshire, Sheriff of Herefordshire, 1474-5, son and heir. He married (1st) CONSTANCE AUDLEY (or TUCHET), daughter of James Tuchet (or Audley), Knt., 5th Lord Audley (descendant of King John), by his 2nd wife, Eleanor, illegitimate daughter of Edmund Holand, K.G., 4th Earl of Kent [see TUCHET 12 for her ancestry]. They had two daughters, Joan and Eleanor (wife of Thomas Vaughan, Knt., of Bredwardine). He married (2nd) ELIZABETH VAUGHAN, daughter of Thomas Vaughan, of Hergest, Herefordshire, by Ellen Gethin, daughter of Dafydd ap Cadwgan ap Phylip Dorddu. They had four sons, James, Esq., John, Hugh, and Robert, and three daughters, Eleanor (wife of John Puleston), Sibyl (wife of Roger ap Richard), and Elizabeth (wife of John Pye). He was attainted as a Yorkist by the Lancastrian Parliament in 1459. ROBERT WHITNEY, Esq., died shortly before 6 Oct. 1494. His widow Elizabeth, was living 4 May 1525. ....
- Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Colonial and Medieval Families, 2nd Edition ... By Douglas Richardson
- Pg. 190
- 13. CONSTANCE AUDLEY (or Tuchet), married as his 1st wife) ROBERT WHITNEY, Esq., of Whitney, Herefordshire, Sheriff of Herefordshire, 1474-5, son and heir of Eustace Whitney, Esq., of Whitney and Colepychard, Herefordshire by his 1st wife Joan, daughter of William Trussell, Knt. They has two daughters, Joan and Eleanor (wife of Thomas Vaughan of Bredwardine). He married (2nd) ELIZABETH VAUGHAN, daughter of Thomas Vaughan, of Hergest, Herefordshire, by Ellen Gethn, daughter of Dafydd ap Cadwgan ap Phylip Dorddu. They had four sons, James, Esq., John, Hugh, and Robert, and three daughters, Ellen (wife of John Puleston) Sibyl (wife of Roger ap Richard Vaughan, of Hergest), and Elizabeth (wife of John Pye). ROBERT WHITNEY, Esq., died shortly before 6 Oct. 1494. His widow, Elizabeth, was living 4 May 1525. ....
- (THERE ARE SOME ERRORS IN THIS REFERENCE, THE DAU.S JOANNE & ELEANOR ATTRIBUTED TO HER, ARE LISTED IN THE BODY OF TEXT ON HER HUSBANDS ENTRY AS DAU.S OF HIS 1ST WIFE CONSTANCE, THE ELEANOR OR ELLEN WHO WAS HER DAU. MARRIED JOHN PULESTON.)
- Elsbeth Vaughan
- F, b. circa 1428, d. after 4 May 1525
- Father Thomas Vaughan1 b. c 1400, d. 1469
- Mother Ellen (Ellena) Gethin1 b. c 1402
- Elsbeth Vaughan was born circa 1428 at of Hengest, Herefordshire, England. She married Sir Robert Whitney, Sheriff of Herefordshire, son of Eustace Whitney, Esq. and Joan Trussell, circa 1451; They had 4 sons (James, Esq., John, Robert, & Hugh) and 3 daughters (Ellen, wife of John Puleston; Sibyl, wife of Roger ap Richard Vaughan; & Elizabeth, wife of John Pye).2,1 Elsbeth Vaughan died after 4 May 1525.1
- Family Sir Robert Whitney, Sheriff of Herefordshire b. c 1418, d. c 6 Oct 1494
- Elizabeth Whitney+3 b. c 1452, d. b 1495
- Eleanor Whitney3 b. c 1454
- Joanne Whitney3,2 b. c 1456
- James Whitney+2 b. c 1465, d. 1500
- 1.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 190.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 104.
- 3.[S11588] Some Early English Pedigrees, by Vernon M. Norr, p. 145.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1949.htm#i58579
- James Whitney (Robert, Eustace, Robert, Robert, Robert, Eustace, Eustace, Robert, ...), son of Robert and Elizabeth/Alice (Vaughn) Whitney, born say 1466, Whitney, Herefordshire; died 31 July 1500, probably Whitney, Herefordshire.
- He married, say 1490, Blanche Milbourne, daughter and coheiress of Simon and Jane (Baskerville) Milbourne. She was born say 1468, Tillington, Herefordshire, and died after 24 March 1547/48. She married secondly, as his second wife, Sir William Herbert, of Troy, Monmouthshire, Wales, illegitimate son of William Herbert, 1st Earl of Pembroke (1423-1469) (Eighth Creation) and mistress Frond verch Hoesgyn, born about 1448-1452; died 1524. Lady Blanche Herbert of Troy was eulogized by the Welsh bard Lewys Morgannwg. Sir William Herbert had married firstly Jane Dunn.
- For more information, see The Ancestry of James Whitney of Whitney.
- From: http://wiki.whitneygen.org/wrg/index.php/Family:Whitney,_James_(s1466-1500)
the following is taken from http://wiki.whitneygen.org/wrg/index.php/Alleged_Royal_Ancestry_of_John_Whitney
"Line 1. 17. Henry I, King of England , by an unknown mistress 16. Robert de Caen, 1st Earl of Gloucester (2-17), m. Maud FitzHamon 15. Christian of Gloucester, m. William FitzAlan 14. Christian FitzAlan, m. Hugh Pantulf 13. Ivo Pantulf, m. ----- ----- 12. William Pantulf, m. Alice de Verdun 11. Rose Pantulf, m. Sir William Trussell 10. William Trussell, m. Maud Mainwaring (2-10) 9. Sir Warin Trussell, m. Maud de St. Philibert (3-9) 8. Lawrence Trussell, m. Maud Charnells 7. William Trussell, m. Margery Ludlow 6. Jennet Trussell, m. Sir Eustace de Whitney 5. Sir Robert Whitney, m. (2) Elizabeth Vaughn 4. Robert Whitney, m. ----- ----- 3. Robert Whitney, m. Elizabeth verch Morgan ap William Connection here is doubtful. 2. Thomas Whitney, m. Mary Bray 1. John1 Whitney, m.(1) Elinor -----
Line 2. 17. Robert de Caen, 1st Earl of Gloucester (1-16), m. Maud FitzHamon 16. Maud FitzRobert, m. Ranulph de Gernon, 2nd Earl of Chester 15. Hugh de Kevelioc, 3rd Earl of Chester, m. Bertrade de Montfort 14. Amicia de Meschin, m. Ralph de Mainwaring 13. Roger de Mainwaring, m. ----- ----- 12. Roger de Mainwaring, m. ----- ----- 11. Warin de Mainwaring , m. Agnes de Arderne 10. Maud Mainwaring, m. William Trussell (1-10)
Line 3. 15. Henry II, King of England, by mistress Ida de Toeni 14. William Longespee, 3rd Earl of Salisbury, m. Ela FitzPatrick, Countess of Salisbury 13. Ida Longespee, m. Sir William de Beauchamp 12. Beatrice de Beauchamp, m. Sir Thomas FitzOtes 11. Maud FitzThomas, m. Sir John de Botetourte 10. Ada de Botetourte, m. John de St. Philibert 9. Maud de St. Philibert, m. Sir Warin Trussell (1-9)
Copyright © 2007, Robert L. Ward and the Whitney Research Group.
Elizabeth Whitney's Timeline
Whitney-on-Wye, Herefordshire, England, United Kingdom
Of, Whitney, Herfordshire, England
Whitney (Herefordshire) England
Hereford, Bramhall, Cheshire, England