Matching family tree profiles for Amos Gardiner
About Amos Gardiner
§ 322. AMOS GARDINER, 5 (John, 4; William, 3; Benoni, 2; George, 1), was born March 27, 1729, and died in 1790. He married, October 10, 1751, Sarah Bill, a daughter of Captain Joshua, of South Kingstown. She was born in 1728, and died April 12, 1777.
He married, second, Sarah .
In his will he gave to his son William Gardiner a farm lying partly in Exeter and partly in Richmond, to his son Amos a farm and his family Bible and clock, and to his son John all his farm in Boston Neck, with the exception of what he had already given to his daughter, Mary Sherman.
Children Of Amos And Sarah (Bill) Gardiner
- 925. William Gardiner, was born about 1752.
- 926. James Gardiner, was born in 1754, and died before his father, not being mentioned in his father's will.
- 927. Amos Gardiner, was born in 1756, and died Sept. 29, 1827. He married Abigail Knowles, a daughter of Robert. She was born in 1753, and died June 29, 1840.
- 928. John Gardiner, was born] about 1760, and died in Prince Edward Island, Jan. 5, 1842. He married Eunice Hazard, a daughter of Thomas and Eunice (Rhodes) Hazard. She was born Feb. 14, 1764, in Rhode Island, and died in Prince Edward Island, March 9, 1832.
- 929. Mary Gardiner, married Henry Sherman.
- South Kingstown Births, in Arnold, James N. Vital Record of Rhode Island, 1636–1850: First series, births, marriages and deaths. A family register for the people. (Narragansett Hist. Publ. Co., 1891), 44.
- The Gardiners of Narragansett: The Gardiners of Narragansett: Being a Genealogy of the Descendants of George Gardiner (Google eBook). Caroline Elizabeth Rodman Robinson. The editor, 1919 - 313 pages