Angharad verch Morgan
|Birthplace:||Cyfoeth Meredydd, Gwynllwg, Monmouthshire, Wales|
|Death:||Died in Cyfoeth Meredydd, Gwynllwg, Monmouthshire, Wales|
|Place of Burial:||Cyfoeth Meredydd, Gwynllwg, Monmouthshire, Wales|
Daughter of Sir Morgan ap Maredudd and Crisli verch Dafydd
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Angharad verch Morgan
About Angharad verch Morgan
- Angharad fil Morgan ap Meredith1
- F, #23502, b. circa 1298
- Father Sir Morgan ap Maredudd b. c 1250
- Mother Crisli ferch Dafydd2 b. c 1275
- Angharad fil Morgan ap Meredith was born circa 1298 at of Cyfoeth Meredydd, Gwynllwg, Monmouthshire, Wales, England.2 She married Llewelyn ap Ivor, Lord St. Clear, son of Ifor ap Llywelyn and Tangwystl ferch Rhys, circa 1318 at England.2
- Family Llewelyn ap Ivor, Lord St. Clear b. c 1280
- Morgan ap Llewelyn+ b. c 1320, d. b 1348
- Philip ap Llywelyn+2 b. c 1330
- 1.[S4065] Unknown author, Wallop Family, p. 566.
- 2.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, Family History Archives, SLC.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p783.htm#i23502
- Llywelyn Ap IFOR
- Born: ABT 1282, St. Clears, Peuliniog, Carmarthenshire, Wales
- Father: Ifor Ap LLEWELYN
- Mother: Tangwystl Verch RHYS
- Married: Angharad Verch MORGAN (b. ABT 1304) (dau. of Sir Morgan Ap Maredudd and Crisli Verch Daffyd) (m.2 Daffyd Ap Llywelyn)
- 1. Morgan Ap LLYWELYN
- 2. Ifor "Hael" Ap LLYWELYN
- 3. Phillip Ap LLYWELYN
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/MORGAN.htm#Llywelyn Ap IFOR1
- Angharad Meredyth1
- F, #471579
- Last Edited=10 Jun 2011
- Angharad Meredyth is the daughter of Sir Morgan ap Meredyth.1 She married Llewellyn ap Ivor.1
- Children of Angharad Meredyth and Llewellyn ap Ivor
- 1.Morgan ap Llewellyn+1
- 2.Ivor ap Llewellyn2
- 3.Philip ap Llewellyn2
- 1.[S21] L. G. Pine, The New Extinct Peerage 1884-1971: Containing Extinct, Abeyant, Dormant and Suspended Peerages With Genealogies and Arms (London, U.K.: Heraldry Today, 1972), page 270. Hereinafter cited as The New Extinct Peerage.
- 2.[S21] L. G. Pine, The New Extinct Peerage, page 271.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p47158.htm#i471579
- A genealogical and heraldic history of the extinct and dormant baronetcies ... By John Burke, John Bernard Burke (sir.)
- LLEWELLIN AP IVOR, lord of St. Clere, lineally descended from Kidivor Vawr, lord of Kilsaint, married Angharad, daughter and heir of Sir Morgan Meredith, knt. lord of Tredegar, and was father of
- MORGAN AP LLEWELLIN, lord of St. Clere and Tredegar, who m. Maud, daughter of Rhys ap Gronwy, lord of Kybor, and had two sons, viz.
- CLEWELLYN, of Tredegar, ancestor of the MORGANS of Tredegar.
- A genealogical and heraldic history of the landed gentry ; or, Commoners of Great Britain and Ireland enjoying territorial possessions or high official rank : but uninvested with heritable honours (1837) Vol. 1
- LEWELLEN, Lord of St. Clare and Gwynvaye, in the county of Carmarthen, who m. Angharad, daughter and co-heir of Sir Morgan Meredith, Lord of Tredegar, descended from RHYS, King of South Wales, and had two sons, viz.
- MORGAN, Lord of St. Clare and Tredegar, from whom derived the Morgans of Tredegar.
- PHILIP LLEWELIN AP IVOR, who bore for his armorial ensigns, arg. a lion rampant gardant crowned ppr.(f) He m. Neste, daughter and heiress of Gwilim Sayes ap Madog ap Howell Velyn, and his great-great-great-great grandson, ....
- A genealogical and heraldic dictionary of the peerage and baronetage of the British Empire (1869)
- LLEWELLYN AP IVOR, lineally descended from Cadivor Vawr, Lord of Kilsaint, m. Angharad, dau. and co-heir fo Sir Morgan Meredith, Lord of Tredegar (descended from Rhys, Prince of South Wales), and thus acquired the Tredegar estates. Llewellin was father of three sons, viz,
- MORGAN, his heir.
- Ivor, of Werncleppa, or Gwerney Cleppa, near Tredegar, ancestor of the MORGANS of Werncleppa, whose last male heir, Roger Morgan, Esq., d. in 1632, when his estate passed to the Tredegar family.
- Philip, whose son, DAVID AP PHILIP AP LLEWELLIN, seated at St. Pierrer, in the county of Monmouth, was ancestor of the family of LEWIS of St. Pierre. (See BURKE'S Landed Gentry.)
- The eldest son,
- MORGAN AP LLEWELLIN, Lord of St. Clere, in Carmarthenshire, and of Tredegar, co. Monmouth, m. Maud, dau. of Rhys ap Gronwy, Lord of Kybor, and had two sons, ....
- A history of the family of Morgan, from the year 1089 to present times ([1902?])
- VIII. LLEWELYN ap IVOR of Tredegar, Lord of St Clear, married Angharad, daughter of Sir Morgan ap Meredith, from the Welsh Lords of Caerleon, ap Griffith ap Meredith ap Rhys, who bore "Argent a lion rampant sable." Sir Morgan died 1332, when Angharad was aged 32. They had : 1. Morgan. 2. Ivor Hael, whence MORGAN OF GWERN-Y-CLEPPA. 3. Philip, whence LEWIS OF ST. PIERRE.
- IX. MORGAN of Tredegar and St. Clear, married Maud, daugter of Rhun ap Grono ap Llwarch, Lord of Cibwr. He died before 1384. Issue: 1. Llewelyn. 2. Philip, whence MORGAN OF LANGSTONE. 3. John, father of Gwenllian, married David Goch ap David, 4. Christian, married Jevan ap Jenkin Kemeys. 5. Ann, married David Gwilim David of Rhiwperra. 6. Margaret, married Traherne ap Meyric of Merthyr. 7. A daughter, married Thomas ap Gwillim of Carnllwyd. 8. Elenor, married Grono ap Howel Bennet.
- X. LLEWELYN ap MORGAN of Tredegar and St. Clear, living 1387, married Jenet daughter and heir of David-vychan ap David of Rhydodyn, 1384-87. Issue: 1. Jevan. 2. Christy, married Madoc ap Jevan of Gelligaer. 3. —— , married Roger ap Adam of St. Mellon's. 4. —— , married Madoc of Bassalleg. 5. —— , married Thomas Llewelyn. 6. Ann, married John ap Jenkin. 7. —— , married —— of Raglan. 8. —— , married —— of Builth.
- SEEMS TO BE MISSING A GENERATION BETWEEN IVOR AP BLEDERY & MORGAN AP LLEWELIN WHO IS ALSO LISTED AS HUSBAND OF HIS FATHER'S WIFE ANGHARAND BY OTHER REFERENCES
- The History of Monmouthshire By David Williams
- SIR EDWARD MORGAN of Lantarnam, Com. Mon. Baronet. Kydovor Vawr Lord of Kylfant, one of the peers of Wales, of the royal blood of the Britains, paternally defcended from Bely, King of Britain.
- Kydovor Vawr, Lord of Kylfant. = Elen, daughter and heirefs to Llewelen. on of the peers of Wales.
- Bledry, Lord Kalfant. = Clydwen, daughter and heirefs to Griffith ap Hydrych, Lord of Gwenvay.
- Ivor ap Bledery de eodem. = Tangluft, daugher and heirefs to Howel, faid Lord of St. Clere.
- Morgan Llewellin, Lord of St. Clere, and Tredegar. = Angharand, daughter and heirefs of Sir Morgan Meredith, Lord of Tredegar, Knight.
- Philip Morgan of Lanfton, Com. Mon. Efq. a 2nd brother = Daughter and heirefs of Sir John Norris of Langfton, Knight.
- Jenkin Philip of Langfton, Efq. = Cicely, daughter to Sir John Welfh, Knight.
- Morgan Jenkin of Langfton, Efq. = Elizabeth, daughter to Roger Vaughan, Efq.
- Sir Thomas Morgan of Pencoyd, Knt. Com. Mon. = Joan, daughter and heirefs to John Gwiflyn Herbert, of Itton, Efq.
- John Morgan of Caerleon, fecond fon, Efq. = Elizabeth, daughter to Lewes ap Richard Wyn, of the Van. Com. Glamorgan, Efq.
- William Morgan of Lantarnam, Efq. = Elizabeth, daughter to Sir Rees Maunfel, Knight.
- Edward Morgan of Lantarnam, Efq. = Elizabeth daughter and heirefs to Hugh Smith, of Long Afhton, Com. Som. Efq.
- William Morgan of Lantarnam, Efq. = Lady Frances, daughter to Earl of Worcefter.
- Sir Edward Morgan of Lantarnam, Baronet. = Mary, daughter to Sir Frances Englefield, Bart.
- Sir Edward Morgan of Lantarnam, Baronet, now living. = Frances, daughter to Thomas Morgan, of Maughen, Efq.
- Edward Morgan, Efq. Heir-apparent.
- THOMAS MORGAN of Maughan, Efq.
- Kydivor Vawr, Lord of Blain Cych, paternally defcended from Bely the great, King of Britain, married Elen, daughter and heri to Llewellin Vawr.
- Bledry ap Kydivor Vawr, Lord of Kylfant = Clidwen, daughter and heirefs to Griffith Cedreth, Lord of Gwnfay.
- Ivor ap Bledry, Lord of Kylfant, Efq. = Tangluft, daughter and heirefs to Howel Sais, Lord of St. Clere-y-mvch, Efq.
- Llewellin ap Ivor, Lord of St. Clere, Efq. = Lleykye, daughter to Griffith ap Eli, Lord of Gilfield in Powis.
- Ivor ap Llewellin, Lord of St. Clere, Efq. = Neft, daughter to Cadwgan, and great grandchild to Eliftan, Prince of Ferlix.
- Llewellin ap Ivor, Lord of St. Clere = Angharand, daughter and heirefs to Sir Morgan Meredith, Knight, Lord of Tredegar.
- Morgan ap Llewellin, Lord of Tredegar, Efq. = Maud, daughter to Rhun ap Grono ap Llwarch, Lord of Kybor, Efq.
- Llewellin Morgan of Tredegar, Efq. = Jonet, daughter to Dd Yehan of Rydoclyn, Efq.
- Evan Morgan of Tredegar, Efq. = Denis, daughter to Thomas ap Howell Yehan, Efq.
- Sir John Morgan of Tredegar, Knight = Jonet, daughter and heirefs of John Matthewes of Llandaff, Efq.
- Thomas Morgan of Machen, Efq. his brother, Sir John, Dying fans iffue.
- Rowland Morgan of Maughan and Tredegar, Efq. = Elizabeth, fifter to Sir Roger Bodingham of Potheras, Com. Hereford.
- Sir William Morgan of Tredegar, Knight = Daughter to Wintour, Knight, Com. Glocefter.
- Thomas Morgan Maughan and Tredegar, Efq. now living, 1661.
- William Morgan, Efq. heir-apparent.
- The eldeft fon of Llewelyn ab Ifor, was Morgan ab Llewelyn of Tredegyr, in the parifh of Maefaleg; and his fecond fon was Ifor Hael, or the Generous Lord of Maefaleg, the Wenallt and Gwern-y-Cleppa. Their mother was Angharad the daughter of Sir Morgan ab Meredydd, ab Greffydd, av Meredydd Gethin, the fon of Rhys ab Tewdwr, Prince of South-Wales. Ifor Hael died without heirs, and his eftate came to his nephew Llewelyn, the fon of Morgan ab Llewelyn, and from him, in a direct line, are defcended the worthy family of Morgans of Tredegyr; the the ancient inheritance is ftill entire in their poffeffion; and if any merit, ....
Angharad verch Morgan's Timeline
Cyfoeth Meredydd, Gwynllwg, Monmouthshire, Wales
Tredegar, Blaenau Gwent, Wales, United Kingdom
Sain Pyr, Matharn, Monmouthshire, England
Cyfoeth Meredydd, Gwynllwg, Monmouthshire, Wales
Cyfoeth Meredydd, Gwynllwg, Monmouthshire, Wales
March 10, 1939