About Anice Rouse
2. JOHN2 ROUSE (JOHN1) was born 1614, and died Dec 16, 1684. He married ANNIS PABODIE Jan 7, 1638/39 in Rehoboth, Bristol, MA, daughter of JOHN PABODIE and ISABEL HARPER. She was born 1618 in St Albans, H, England, and died Bef. Sep 12, 1688.
Children of JOHN ROUSE and ANNIS PABODIE are:
- i. ANNA3 ROUSE.
- ii. MARY ROUSE, b. 1640.
- iii. JOHN ROUSE, b. 1643.
- 3. iv. SIMON ROUSE, b. 1645, Little Compton, RI; d. Nov 1724.
- v. GEORGE ROUSE, b. 1648.
- vi. ELIZABETH ROUSE, b. 1655; d. Apr 7, 1701, Marshfield, Mass.; m. THOMAS BOURNE, Apr 18, 1681; b. Oct 22, 1647, Marshfield, Mass..
John Rouse settled early at Careswell Creek ; his wife was Annis Pabodie, dau. of John and Isabel Pabodie, original settlers at Duxbury.
Mrs. Rouse had a brother Francis, who settled at Topsfield ; m. Mary, dau. of Reginald Foster, ancestor of all the Peabody's in the country; and also John, of Duxbury, who m. Elizabeth, dau. of the primitive John Alden, who is ancestor of all the Pabodies.