Hanna Ann Brewer (Skinner)
|Also Known As:||"Reade"|
|Birthplace:||Isle of Wight County, Virginia Colony, (Present USA)|
|Death:||Died in Sudbury, Middlesex County, Massachusetts Bay Colony, (Present USA)|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Hanna Brewer (Skinner)
view all 13
About Hanna Brewer (Skinner)
Spouse: Capt. John Brewer I
Children: John Brewer II (of MA) (b. Nov. 18, 1642)
Hannah Brewer (b. Jan. 18, 1644)
- 'A catalogue of the names of the early Puritan settlers of the colony of ... By Royal Ralph Hinman
- Brewer, Widow Joanna, of Roxbury, Mass., d. 1688, aged 87 years; said to have come to N. England about 1633, with a family, and to have been the wife of a brother of Daniel Brewer first of Roxbury. "Ann, widow Brewer's daughter d. 1658."
- Brewer, Capt. John, of Cambridge, Mass., (probably son of Joanna.) Wife Ann, had son 'John, b. in Cambridge, Nov. 8, 1642', and a daughter Hannah, b. Jan'y 18, 1644. Married 2d wife Mary Whitmore of Lynn, Oct. 23, 1647, and had children, Mary, b. 1648; William, b. 1653; Sarah, b. 1658, married Samuel Graves, of Lynn, March 12, 1678, and had 3 chldren, Crispus, Hannah and Samuel. 'John Jr., settled in Sudbury, m. Elizabeth Rice, and had 9 children, John, b. 1669; Elizabeth, Hannah, James, 1675; Sarah, 1678; Mary, 1680; Abigail, 1682; Martha, 1685, and Jonathan, 1689. From John Brewer, Jr., descended the numerous and respectable families of Sudbury, Framingham, Hopkinton, Tyringham, &c.
- 'Historic homes and places and genealogical and personal memoirs ..., Volume 2 edited by William Richard Cutter
- Pg. 623
- John Brewer, the immigrant ancestor, was born in England about 1620. He settled in Cambridge, Massachusetts, where he was a proprietor as early as 1644-45. Very little is known about him. He married Ann __. He removed to Sudbury, Massachusetts, about 1646. His first two children were born in Cambridge, the other three in Sudbury. There was another John Brewer among the early settlers at Ipswich, Massachusetts. Thomas Brewer, very likely his brother, was also a pioneer at Ipswich. The only other early settler in Massachusetts was Daniel Brewer, of Roxbury, who may have been related to John Brewer, of this pedigree. Children of John and Ann Brewer: 1. 'John born October 10, 1642, mentioned below'. 2. Hannah, born January 18, 1645, married, at Sudbury, February 25, 1664, Daniel Goble. 3. Mary, born September 23, 1648. 4. William, born October 6, 1653. 5. Sarah, born March 27, 1658.
- 'Genealogical guide to the early settlers of America: with a brief history of ... By Henry Whittemore
- Pg. 58
- John Brewer, of Cambridge, Mass., by wife Ann had 'John, born 10 Oct., 1642', Hannah 1645. He removed probably to Sudbury, and married Oct. 23, 1647, Mary, daughter of the first John Whitmore, and had, Mary 1648, William Oct. 6, 1653, Sarah 1658.
- 'Genealogical and personal memoirs relating to the families of the ..., Volume 4 edited by William Richard Cutter, William Frederick Adams
- Pg. 2477
- (VII) John Fox, .........
- The line of descent is as follows: (1) John Brewer and his wife Anne from England, were early in Cambridge, Massachusetts, whence they removed to Sudbury in 1647. (2) 'John (2), son of John (1) and Anne Brewer, was born September 10 1642, and resided in Sudbury, where he died January 1, 1691. He married Elizabeth, daughter of Henry and Elizabeth (Moore) Rice, born August 4, 1648, in Cambridge. Children: John, Elizabeth, Hannah, James, Sarah, Mary, Abigail, Martha and Jonathan.
- 'The Pioneers of Massachusetts: A Descriptive List, Drawn from Records of the ... By Charles Henry Pope
- Pg. 67
- BREWER, BRUER,
- John, Cambridge, propr. 1645. Wife Anne; ch. 'John b. 10 (8) 1642', Hannah b. Jan. 18, 1644-5.
view all 17
Hanna Brewer (Skinner)'s Timeline
November 10, 1622
Isle of Wight County, Virginia Colony, (Present USA)
of Roxbury, Suffolk, Massachusetts
October 10, 1642
Cambridge, Middlesex County, Massachusetts Bay Colony, (Present USA)
January 18, 1645
Cambridge, Middlesex County, Masssachusetts Bay Colony, (Present USA)
January 21, 1650
of Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts, USA
March 27, 1655
Boston, Suffolk, Massachusetts