Ann Marsham (Calvert)
|Death:||Died in Calvert County, Province of Maryland|
Daughter of Hon. Leonard Calvert, 1st Prov. Gov. of Maryland and Anne Brent
|Managed by:||Ben M. Angel, on hiatus|
Matching family tree profiles for Ann Marsham
About Ann Marsham
- http://www.thepeerage.com/p52867.htm#i528664 "Ann Calvert was born circa 1645. She was the daughter of Hon. Leonard Calvert. She married, secondly, Henry Brent. She married, thirdly, Richard Marsham. She married, firstly, Baker Brooke in 1664. She died circa 1714. Her married name became Brent. Her married name became Marsham. From 1664, her married name became Brooke.
- From Melissa Thompson Alexander's page on Ann Calvert Brooke: http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=madagtenet&id=I22349
•ID: I22349 •Name: Ann CALVERT
- Sex: F
- ALIA: Anne /Calvert/
- Birth: 1644 in Yorkshire, England
- Birth: 1644
- Death: 1714
- 1663 Immigrated to MD w/ her Uncle Charles, Gov.
- Father: Leonard * CALVERT b: 1606 in London, England
- Mother: Anne * BRENT b: BET 1612 AND 1622 in Admington, Gloucestershire, England
Marriage 1 Thomas TASKER
- Married: in her 2nd marriage
- 1. Benjamin TASKER
Marriage 2 Richard MARSHAM b: 1638 in England
- Married: in her 4th marriage
Marriage 3 Henry BRENT
- Married: in her 3rd marriage 1
Marriage 4 Baker BROOKE b: 16 NOV 1628 in Battel, Eng
- Married: ABT 1664 in MD
- 1. Charles BROOKE b: BET 1660 AND 1675
- 2. Leonard BROOKE b: BET 1661 AND 1676
- 3. Baker BROOKE b: ABT 1666
- 4. Mary BROOKE b: ABT 1678
1.Title: "Footprints of Marion Co, Fall 1987 (Vol 12, No 2)
Family of Lord Calvert of Baltimore.
Ann Marsham's Timeline
June 23, 1645
Anne Brent, Ann's mother, may have been pregnant when she accompanied Leonard back to the New World. Almost immediately upon arriving in Maryland, Leonard and his government were forced to flee in the face of an attack by Richard Ingle at the start of the Plundering Time. Somehow, the children survived, so it is likely that Anne escaped with her husband, children in tow. However, for some reason, Anne didn't live long after fleeing Maryland, and appeared to have preceded her husband in death.
Final note by Ben M. Angel: there were only two children known (officially recorded) to have been born to Leonard Calvert and Anne Brent. There probably wasn't time enough for more than two children to be born. The likelihood of a third child named Charles to have been born is very unlikely. But then again, death in childbirth was not uncommon in this age, and there are very few records related to Anne's life. Would welcome seeing proof confirming Charles' birth, following Ann's.
Calvert Co., Md
Calvert County, Province of Maryland