Matching family tree profiles for Mary Campbell
About Mary Campbell
- '(Miss) Buchanan1
- 'F, #66828, b. circa 1510
- Father Patrick Buchanan1 b. c 1460
- Mother Marion (Margaret) Campbell2
- ' (Miss) Buchanan was born circa 1510 at of Buchanan, Stirlingshire, Scotland.1,2 She married Duncan Campbell, Capt. of Castle Sween, son of Archibald Campbell and Margaret Campbell, circa 1539.1,2
- 'Family Duncan Campbell, Capt. of Castle Sween b. c 1511, d. 3 Oct 1594
- 1.[S147] Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage, Baronetage, and Knightage, 1938 ed., by Sir Bernard Burke, p., 480.
- 2.[S11649] Clan MacFarlane & Associated Clans Genealogy.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2224.htm#i66828
- 'unknown daughter Buchanan1
- F, #200878
- Last Edited=17 Jul 2006
- ' unknown daughter Buchanan is the daughter of Patrick Buchanan of that Ilk.2 She married Duncan Campbell, son of Archibald Campbell of Auchinbreck and Kilmichael and Margaret Campbell of Ardkinglass.1
- ' Her married name became Campbell.1
- 'Child of unknown daughter Buchanan and Duncan Campbell
- 1.Duncan Campbell+2 d. 1594
- 1.[S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 666. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- 2.[S37] Charles Mosley, Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p20088.htm#i200878
- From: Stirnet
- Patrick Buchanan of that ilk, 13th of Buchanan (d before 07.1477)
- m. Jonet Cunynghame
- Patrick's wife if identified by BLG1962 as the daughter and heiress of Galbraith of Killearn, Balmois, etc.
- 1. Walter Buchanan of that ilk, 14th of Buchanan (d 1526)
- m. (before 26.11.1463) Isabelle Graham (dau of William Graham, 2nd Lord)
- A. Patrick Buchanan, younger of Buchanan (dvp before 09.03.1502-3)
- m. _ Campbell (dau of Earl of Argyll) suggested by BLG1952
- i. George Buchanan of that ilk, 15 Buchanan (d 1561)
- m1. Margaret Edmonstone (dau of Sir Archibald Edmonstone, 3rd of Duntreath)
- m2. Janet Cunynghame
- ii. Walter Buchanan (a 1539)
- The following were reported by BLG1952 but not by 'Strathendrick'
- ' iii. daughter
- ' m. Duncan Campbell of Auchinbreck, Captain of Castleswene (d 1594)
- iv. daughter
- m. laird of Calder
- Main sources:
- (1) "Strathendrick and its Inhabitants from Early Times" by John Guthrie Smith, published in Glasgow in 1896
- (2) BLG1952 (Murray-Buchanan of Leny).
Mary Campbell's Timeline
Ormidale, Argyll and Bute, Scotland, United Kingdom
Inveraray, Argyll and Bute, Scotland, United Kingdom