Anne Hilton (Parsons)
|Also Known As:||"Ann Bales; Anna Parsons; Anne Beales"|
|Birthplace:||York, York, ME, USA|
|Death:||Died in York, ME, USA|
|Managed by:||Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. C...|
Matching family tree profiles for Anne Hilton
About Anne Hilton
Anne Parsons was born ABT 1657 in York Co., ME and was living in 1700.
- Parents: Father: Mark Parsons & Elizabeth.
- Her maiden name may have been Beale, for William Hilton, by deed dated March 5, 1681, recorded with York Deeds, Lib. 7, fol. 194, conveys the above described land granted him by the Town of York, to his loving brother, Arthur Beale. Beale may, however, have married a sister of William Hilton.
- 1678 in York, York, ME to William (the younger) Hilton (1653-1699), son of William (the explorer) Hilton (1617-1675) & Sarah Greenleaf.
- Joshua Hilton b: ABT 1680
- Elizabeth Hilton
- Hannah Hilton
- Benjamin Hilton
- Patience Hilton
- Dorcas Hilton
- Mainwaring Hilton b: 1683 in York, York, ME
- William Hilton b: 1679 in Dover, Strafford, NH
- Genealogy of the Greenleaf Family, By James Edward Greenleaf. Published by F. Wood, printer, 1896 pg. 188
- Genealogical Dictionary of Maine and New Hampshire (Portland, Maine, 1928-1939) by Sybil Noyes, Charles Thornton Libby and Walter Goodwin Davis, pg. 336, 531
- The great migration begins: immigrants to New England, 1620-1633, Volume 2. Authors-Robert Charles Anderson, New England Historic Genealogical Society. Publisher-New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1995. viii WILLIAM, b. about 1653 (age twenty-four December 1677 [GDMNH 336, citing unknown source]); m. by 1678 Ann _____ [GDMNH 336, 531].
- The New England historical and genealogical register, Volume 31. Authors-Henry Fritz-Gilbert Waters, New England Historic Genealogical Society. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1877. Pg. 184.
2. William2 ( William1), of York, mariner, was the son of the William first above named, as appears from the following deposition : "The Deposition of Major John Davess aged 70 years, or yr abouts, & Cap1 Charles F[rost] aged 52 years or there abouts, these Deponents respectively testify, & Say y' Willia[m] Hilton now rescident in yorke, in the province of Mayne, was Comonly known, & [reputed, to bee ye sonn of William Hilton Senior deceased, & formerly lived in Yorke abo[ ] on ye Tract of Land, ye lyeth on the South, or South West side of ye River [ ] yorke over against the fishing flakes, & next the Ferry, & further Sayth no[t] Taken upon oath in Court this 30th of May 1683: p Edw: Rishwjorth] Recor."* He had a grant of land from the town, Aug. 25, 1679, and another, which bears no date, " upon the neck of Land on the South Side of York River, between Arthur Bales Land, & major Shapleighs, and James Wiggens & William mores Land, & the Land that was formerly mr William Hiltons, provided it be free from any mans propriety or former grant." He was one of the forty-six men who took the oath of allegiance to the King, March 22,1680. Another grant of land was made to him, March 18,
- York Deeds Lib 3 fol 125 pg. 185
1695-6. He died between March, 1699, and June, 1700, leaving a widow Ann* and children:
- Genealogies: The Hassam Family, the Hilton Family, the Cheever Family. By John Tyler Hassam
Published by Priv. print., 1896. Pg 14.
Anne Hilton's Timeline
York, York, ME, USA
York, ME, USA
York, York, ME
Dover, Strafford County, New Hampshire, United States
Dover, Strafford, New Hampshire, USA
Dover, Strafford, NH