About Ann Marshall
- Birth: of Rappahannock Co., VA
- Father: Joshua HUDSON
- Mother: Elizabeth RUSH
- Francis Slaughter (1653-1718), son of Francis Slaughter and Elizabeth Underwood. Their pre-nuptial agreement was on 11 Jul 1711, Richmond Co., VA; his second wife; he married Margaret Hudson or Gaines first.
- William Marshall (b: BET 1680 AND 1685 in VA.), son of William Marshall & Sarah, about 1725.
Children of 1st husband
- 5. Martha SLAUGHTER; m. 1730s, Newman BROWN, d/o Maxfield BROWN of King George Co., VA
It is reported that Ann and William Marshall may have had as many as eight children.
1. Robert K. Headley, Jr.. c2003. Married Well and Often: Marriages of the Northern Neck of Virginia, 1649-1800: Marriages and Marriage references for the Counties of Lancaster, Northumberland, Old Rappahannock, Richmond, and Westmoreland. Genealogical Publ. Co., Baltimore, MD (online at Ancestry.com):
SLAUGHTER, Francis Sr.& HUDSON, Ann; 1. Aug 1711; prenup. agreement dtd. 11 Jul 1711; groom was from St. Mary's Par., RC; bride was SLAUGHTER's 2nd wife; (RC DB 6:5, 275; WB 4:77; Slaughter:308)
The Willis Genealogy, Peggy Rush, p. 98: references that Hudson family researcher Newman A. Hall has suggested that Ann was the sister of Rush Hudson Sr. This is supported by the Hoffman-Brooks Genealogy: Robert J. Hoffman, 5 March 2004
Ann Marshall's Timeline
Westmoreland County, Virginia
December 11, 1727
King George Co, VA