Anne Neville, Baroness le Strange of Knockin
|Also Known As:||"Anne Nevill", "Dutchess of Buckingham"|
Daughter of Edward Neville, 3rd Baron of Bergavenny and Katherine Howard
|Managed by:||Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. C...|
Matching family tree profiles for Anne Neville, Baroness le Strange of Knockin
About Anne Neville, Baroness le Strange of Knockin
- Anne Neville1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
- F, #48545, b. circa 1452, d. after 26 February 1481
- Father Sir Edward Neville, 1st Baron Abergavenny3,4,5,10,7,11,9 b. c 1412, d. 18 Oct 1476
- Mother Katherine Howard3,4,5,10,7,11,9 d. a 29 Jun 1478
- Anne Neville was born circa 1452 at of Raby Castle, Standrop, Durham, England. She married Sir John Strange, 8th Baron Strange, Lord Mohun, son of Sir Richard le Strange, 7th Baron Strange and Elizabeth Cobham, after 1463; No issue.1,12,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Anne Neville died after 26 February 1481.2,5,7,9
- Family Sir John Strange, 8th Baron Strange, Lord Mohun b. 20 May 1444, d. 16 Oct 1479
- 1.[S147] Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage, Baronetage, and Knightage, 1938 ed., by Sir Bernard Burke, p., 68.
- 2.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. XII/1, p. 356.
- 3.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 93.
- 4.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 235.
- 5.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 694.
- 6.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 168.
- 7.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. IV, p. 126-127.
- 8.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 322.
- 9.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. V, p. 67.
- 10.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. I, p. 167.
- 11.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. I, p. 320-321.
- 12.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. XII/1, p. 356; Vol. XIV, p. 597.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1615.htm#i48545
- Anne Neville1
- F, #1037, b. before 1476, d. after 26 February 1480/81
- Last Edited=20 Jan 2011
- Anne Neville was born before 1476.1 She was the daughter of Sir Edward Neville, 1st Lord Abergavenny and Katherine Howard.1 She married John IX Lestrange, 8th Lord Strange (of Knokyn), son of Richard Lestrange, before 1479.1 She died after 26 February 1480/81.1
- From before 1479, her married name became Lestrange.1
- 1.[S8] BP1999 volume 1, page 17. See link for full details for this source. Hereinafter cited as. [S8]
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p104.htm#i1037
- Anne NEVILLE (B. Strange of Knockin)
- Born: ABT 1457, Raby With Keverstone, Staindrop, Durham, England
- Died: AFT 26 Feb 1480
- Father: Edward NEVILLE (1° B. Abergavenny)
- Mother: Catherine HOWARD
- Married: John Le STRANGE (9º B. Strange of Knockin)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/NEVILLE4.htm#Anne NEVILLE (B. Strange of Knockin)
- Plantagenet Ancestry: A Study In Colonial And Medieval Families, 2nd Edition ...
- 12. ELIZABETH BEAUCHAMP, daughter and heiress, born at Hanley Castle, Worcestershire 16 Sept. 1415 (aged 18 in 1436). She married by dispensation dated 28 Aug. 1428 (they being related in the 4th and 3rd degree of kindred) (as his 1st wife EDWARD NEVILLE, Knt., of Birling, Mereworth, etc., Kent, Cuckfield, Sussex, etc., Governor of Leeds Castle and Park, 1451, Privy Councillor, 1454, and, in right of his wife, of Allesley, Warwickshire, youngest son of Ralph Neville, K.G., 1st Earl of Westmorland, 4th Lord Neville of Raby (descendant of King John), by his 2nd wife, Joan Beaufort, legitimated daughter of John of Gaunt, K.G., Duke of Aquitaine and Lancaster, Earl of Derby, Lincoln, and Leicester (son of King Edward III) [see NEVILLE 9 for his ancestry]. They had two sons, Richard and George, Knt. [Lord Bergavenny], and two daughters, Elizabeth (wife of Thomas Grey, Knt.), and Katherine (wife of John Iwardby, K.B.). On the basis of an entail dated 1395/6, his wife, Elizabeth, was excluded from the Lordship and Castle of Abergavenny by her step-father, Richard Beauchamp, 13th Earl of Warwick, and her half-brother, Henry Beauchamp Knt., Duke of Warwick. Edward presented to the church of Stouting, Kent in 1436, 1437, and 1438. he was made an honorary member of the Guild of Merchant Taylors of London in 1436-7 as "Edw. Nevyll, Lord Bergevenny." He was a legatee in the 1440 will of his father. Elizabeth was co-heir in 1447 to her cousin, Edmund Lenthall, Esq. His wife, Elizabeth, died 18 June 1448, and was buried at the Carmelites, Coventry, Warwickshire. Edward married (2nd) by dispensation dated 15 Oct. 1448 (she and his 1st wife being related in the 3rd degree of kindred) KATHERINE HOWARD, daughter of Robert Howard, Knt., of Stoke Nayland, Suffolk (descendant of King John), by Margaret, daughter of Thomas Mowbray, K.G., 1st Duke of Norfolk, Earl Marshal, Earl of Nottingham (descendant of King Edward I) [see HOWARD 10 for her ancestry]. They had cohabited in the lifetime of his 1st wife, and were excommunicated, later absolved. They had two sons, Ralph and Edward, and three daughters, Margaret, Katherine, and Anne. Following the death of Anne, daughter of Henry Beauchamp, Knt., Duke of Warwick, in 1449, Edward Neville had license to enter and possess the Castle, lordship and manor of Abergavenny. He was summoned to Parliament from 5 Sept. 1450 to 19 Aug. 1472, by writs directed Edwardo Nevill domino de Bergevenny Militi. SIR EDWARD NEVILLE, Lord Bergavenny, died 18 Oct. 1476. His widow, Katherine was living 29 June 1478.
- .... etc.
- Child of Elizabeth Beauchamp, by Edward Neville, Knt.:
- i. GEORGE NEVILLE, Knt., Lord Bergavenny [see next].
- Children of Edward Neville, Knt., by Katherine Howard:
- i. MARGARET NEVILLE, married JOHN BROOKE, Knt., 7th Lord Cobham [see WYATT 15].114
- ii. KATHERINE NEVILLE, married ROBERT TANFIELD, Esq., of Gayton, Northamptonshire [see RANDOLPH 16].115
- iii. ANNE NEVILLE, married JOHN STRANGE, Knt., 8th Lord Strange of Knockin, Lord Mohun [see STRANGE 13].
- 13. .... etc.