Ann Rodney (de Crofte)
|Managed by:||Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. C...|
About Ann (de Crofte) Rodney
- 'The Retrospective review, and historical and antiquarian magazine, Volume 1 By Henry Southern, Sir Nicholas Harris Nicolas
- Pg.469-500 - 472
- 2 Walyn's MSS. Penes Rev. J. Duncombe. by Margaret, daughter of __ Malwyn, he had issue, Sir Richard Croft, first son, mentioned above; Richard second son, who by the description of Richard Croft the younger, received a grant of lands, togerther with Thomas Croft, Esquare, 1461, (Rot. Parl. vol. v.p. 586), and was apparently spoken of in the letter noticed in the text from Ed. IV., when Earl of March, and his brother, the Earl of Rutland, circa 1456, and died 18th Henry VII. 1502, (Cotton. MSS. Claudius, C. viii). His will is dated 12th August, 1501, and was proved 16 March, 1501-2, in which he described himself "of Chipping Norton" (Record in Doctors' Commons, marked Blaymyer, 14); he married Ann, daughter of __ Fox, by whom he had issue Hugh, son and heir; Elizabeth wife of Sir John Fienes, Knight; Lionel; and 'Ann, who married Sir John Rodney of Stoke Rodney, co. Somerset (Will before quoted)'. William Croft had also a daughter, who married John Dombleton, alias Downton, Esquire (Harleian MSS. 1566, fol. 116); and it is probable that he had a third son, Thomas, who received a grant of lands with Richard Croft, the younger, in 1461 and 1473 (Cal. Rot. and Patent Rot. Parl. vol. v. p. 589, and vol. vi. p. 84b): this Thomas Croft was Ranger of Whichwode Forest in Oxfordshire, Bailiff of Fawnhope in Herfordshire, and Parker of Pembragge, also in Hers (Rot. Parl. vol. vi. p. 342). He committed "a detestable murder in the Marches of Wales," and thereby forfeited all his offices, and took sanctuary at Baudeley, 7th Hen, VII., 1491 (Rot. Parl. vol. vi. p. 441), and levied a fine of a third part of the manor of Shotwell in Warwickshire with Elizabeth his wife, 12th Ed. IV. 1472, by which it appears, that she was coheir to the lands formerly belonging to Sir John Beauchamp (Dugdale's Warwick, Ed. 1765, p. 385).
- Name: Richard Croft the Younger, ? - ?, <- 19 131-> , 
- Birth: ? at ?
- Christening: ? at ?
- Marriage: ? at ? to Anne Fox, ? - ? 
- Elizabeth Croft ? - ?  <- 18 to Richard Fiennes
- ' Anne Croft ? - ?  <- 17 to John Rodney