About Anna Amelia Lahtinen
- Name: Mrs Anna Amelia Lahtinen (née Sylfvén)
- Born: Sunday 17th February 1878
- Age: 34 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: in Minneapolis Minnesota United States
- 2nd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 250651 , £26
- Destination: Minneapolis Minnesota United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mrs William Lahtinen (Anna Sylfvén), 26, was born in America her parents having settled there from Finland. She had a brother in Hancock, MI.
Anna boarded the Titanic at Southampton with her husband Rev William Lahtinen. They had been visiting Kemi, in northern Finland in order to help their friend, Lyyli Silvén who was immigrating to America. Now they were returning, with Miss Sylvan to the home they were building in Minneapolis, MN.
After the Titanic collided with an iceberg, Anna had initially boarded a lifeboat, but decided that she wanted to stay with her husband. Miss Silvén, however, got in a boat and was rescued. She later told that Anna Lahtinen had looked very nervous, while William had calmly smoked a cigar. Neither of their bodies were found.