|Also Known As:||"Anna (Baker) Barber Plumer"|
|Birthplace:||Beverly, Essex, Massachusetts|
Daughter of 'Elder' Jabez Baker and Rachel Baker
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Anna Baker
Anna, daughter of Jabez and Rachel (Allen) Baker, born in Beverly. about 1707, died 1748; married first, September 29, 1727 (?), Daniel Barber. He was master of a schooner belonging to Joseph Allen Esq. & Co., and died on the island of Antego, November 8, 1735.
Children of Daniel and Anna (Baker) Barber:
- Anna, born December 13, 1727, married Samuel Davis:
- Mary, born October 24, 1729, married Benjamin Tarr, Jr.;
- Rachel, born June 6, 1732, married Paul Dolliver;
- Daniel, born July 11, 1734, died March 29, 1738.
For her second husband Anna Baker married, August 25. 1737. Dr. David Plumer, and by him had:
- David Plumer, born May 24. 1738, and
- Daniel Plumer, born in 1740.
- Daughter of Jabez Baker. "His widow afterwards married a Plumer. "Anna Plumer alias Barber" gave up her right of dowry, April 9, 1754 ...". (1)
- Captain Daniel Barber married Anna Baker Sept. 29, 1727, in Gloucester, where he lived, being a fisherman. He was master of a schooner belonging to Capt. Joseph Allen, and died at the island of Antego, in the West Indies, Nov. 8, 1735, aged thirty. His wife survived him and was his widow in 1737.
- Probate records and Gloucester town records. (3)
- History of Newfields, New Hampshire, 1638-1911 By James Hill Fitts. Page 430
- www.familysearchpilot CD Number 2 Additional Information for Anna Baker Sources (1) MY OWN GEDCOM FILE Citing This Record "Pedigree Resource File", database, FamilySearch (http://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.2.1/M1KH-ZF7 : accessed 2013-01-05), entry for Anna Baker. Submission submission id:MM95-TL4 person count:1461
- The Essex Antiquarian: An Illustrated ... Magazine Devoted to ..., Volumes 5-7 By Sidney Perley
- Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of ..., Volume 2. edited by William Richard Cutter. Page 622