Anna Rogers (Churchman)
|Also Known As:||"Hannah Rogers", "Hanna"|
|Birthplace:||Probably Huntington, Herefordshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Plymouth, Plymouth Colony|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Anna Rogers
Parents unknown. Do not confuse with Hannah (Churchman) Witter.
Ben M. Angel notes: Originally, this profile had the following data:
Birth: 1618 - Huntington, Herefordshire, England
Death 1673 - Plymouth, Massachusetts, USA
Apparently, this data came from an unverified Ancestral File originating from the LDS Church. As a result of its lack of verification, the Mayflower Societies do not recognize this basic information, and I believe these dates should not be included in this profile.
Verified basic information from the Thomas Rogers Society:
Anna Churchman married John Rogers, son of Thomas Rogers [Mayflower Pilgrim] and Alice Cosford, on 16 April 1639 at Plymouth.
Her married name was Rogers.
Anna Churchman was certainly living in May 1665 and probably alive 23 Aug 1670.
Her parentage is unknown.
Children of Anna Churchman and John Rogers
- (H)Anna Rogers+ b. bt 1640 - 1650, d. a 8 Jun 1704
- John Rogers+ b. c 1640, d. 28 Jun 1732
- Abigail Rogers+ b. c 1640, d. 1 Aug 1727
- Elizabeth Rogers+ b. b 1652, d. a 7 Mar 1703
1.[S1] Ann T. [Revised by], (Originally compiled by Alice W. A. Westgate) Reeves, Rogers-Silver, p. 6.
2.[S1] Ann T. [Revised by], (Originally compiled by Alice W. A. Westgate) Reeves, Rogers-Silver, p. 14.
From the Mayflower Database data page:
Rogers, Hannah (1650 - 1704)
- b. 1640/1650 in Duxbury,Plymouth,MA
- d. 8 Jun 1704 in Taunton,Bristol,MA
- father: Rogers, John(~1614 - 1692)
- mother: Churchman, Anna(*1617 - )
per Mayflower records
per MAYFLOWER INCREASINGS by Susan Roser
per MEET THE TISDALES by Rosa Tisdale
spouse: Terry, Thomas (~1631 - 1691)
child: Terry, Thomas (<1679 - )
child: Terry, Benjamin (>1683 - )
child: Terry, John (<1684 - )
child: Terry, Lydia (*1690 - )
spouse: Williams, Samuel (~1638 - 1697)
spouse: Tisdale, John (1642 - 1677)
- m. 23 Nov 1664 in Taunton,Bristol,MA
child: Tisdale, Abigail (1667 - )
child: Tisdale, John (1669 - 1728)
child: Tisdale, Anna (1672 - 1733)
child: Tisdale, Remember (1675 - 1712)
- Name: Anna Churchman
- Sex: F
- Birth: BET 1617 AND 1618 in Huntingon, Suffolk, England
- Death: BET 1672 AND 1673 in Of, Plymouth, Plymouth Co. Massachusetts
Ref; AFN: 5DN3-5B
Ref; Christened: 19 Mar 1625, Lydburynorth, Shropshire, England
Marriage 1 John Rogers b: ABT 6 APR 1606 in Watford, Northampton, England
- Married: 16 APR 1639 in Plymouth, Plymouth Co. Massachusetts
- 1. John Rogers b: 1 MAR 1639/40 in Duxbury, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts
- 2. Hannah "Anna" Rogers b: ABT 1644 in Duxbury, Plymouth Co. Massachusetts
- 3. Elizabeth Rogers b: BET 1646 AND 1647 in Suffolk Co. Massachusetts
- 4. Abigail Rogers b: 1641 in Duxbury, Plymouth Co., Massachusetts
From the Thomas Rogers Society website:
Anna Churchman Anna was certainly living in May 1665 and probably alive 23 Aug 1670. Her parentage is unknown.
Children of John2 and Ann(a) Churchman Rogers
John3 Rogers, married, 1st, Elizabeth Pabodie3 (Elizabeth2 Alden, John1); married, 2d, Hannah (Hobart) Brown; married, 3d, Marah (---) Browning, a widow.
(H)Anna3 Rogers, married, 1st, John Tisdale; married, 2d, Thomas Terry; married 3d, Samuel Williams (Taunton Family)
Abigail3 Rogers, married John Richmond as his second wife.
Elizabeth3 Rogers, married Nathaniel Williams.(Taunton Family)
Anna Rogers's Timeline
Probably Huntington, Herefordshire, England
March 1, 1640
July 1, 1640
Duxbury, (Present Plymouth County), Plymouth Colony (Present Massachusetts)
Duxbury, (Present Plymouth County), Plymouth Colony
Duxbury, (Present Plymouth County), Province of Massachusetts
April 23, 1670
Plymouth, Plymouth Colony
October 16, 1993
April 1, 1994