Anna (Hannah) Salisbury (Cole)
|Birthplace:||Plymouth, Plymouth, Massachusetts, America|
|Death:||Died in Plymouth, Plymouth, Massachusetts, America|
|Place of Burial:||Warren, Bristol, Rhode Island, USA|
Daughter of Sgt. Hugh Cole and Mary Cole
|Managed by:||Scott David Hibbard|
Matching family tree profiles for Anna (Hannah) Salisbury
About Anna (Hannah) Salisbury
- Anna Cole Salisbury
- Birth: Oct. 14, 1664 Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, USA
- Death: Jun. 23, 1704 Plymouth, Plymouth County, Massachusetts, USA
- Children: William Salisbury III, Mary Salisbury Bullock(first wife of Daniel Bullock), Anna Salisbury Bullock, Susannah Salisbury Wheaton, John Salisbury, Richard Salisbury, Benjamin Salisbury, Martha Salisbury Wheeler, Experience Salisbury Bullock, and Patience Salisbury Easterbrook.
- Family links:
- Hugh Cole (1628 - 1698)
- Mary Foxwell Cole (1635 - 1688)
- William Salisbury (1659 - 1726)*
- Susanna(h) Salisbury Wheaton (1692 - 1777)*
- Martha Salisbury Wheeler (1698 - 1745)*
- James Cole (1655 - 1712)*
- Hugh Cole (1658 - 1738)*
- John Cole (1660 - 1748)*
- Martha Cole Sweeting (1662 - 1708)*
- Anna Cole Salisbury (1664 - 1704)
- Ruth Cole Luther (1666 - 1718)*
- Joseph Cole (1668 - ____)*
- Ebenezer Cole (1671 - 1719)*
- Mary Cole Kingsley (1676 - 1756)*
- Benjamin Cole (1678 - 1748)*
- Burial: Kickemuit Cemetery, Warren, Bristol County, Rhode Island, USA
- Find A Grave Memorial# 34202043
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=34202043
- The early genealogies of the Cole families in America. (Including Coles and Cowles). With some account of the descendants of James, by Hartford, Connecticut, 1635-1652, and of Thomas Cole, of Salem, Mass., 1649-1672
- JAMES COLE. One of the families that came from England to Plymouth was that of James Cole. I have not been able to find anything concerning him previous to 1634, but he probably had a family with him when he came to the settlement. He was the first settler on the eminence known as "Burial Hill." The first mention of him in the Plymouth Colony Records is in the list of freemen of 1633, where the name is spelled Coale ("Ply. Col. Rec. 1-4.) .... etc.
- .... Savage says that he was living in 1688, very aged.
- His wife was Mary —— , she was living in March, 1660. Children :
- 2. i. James, b. about 1625 d. —
- 3. ii. Hugh, b. about 1627, d. —
- 4. iii. John, b. — d. 1677.
- iv. Mary, b. — m. John Almy, he was a son of William Almy of Plymouth, 1643. After his marriage to Mary Cole he moved to Portsmouth, R. I. He was Capt. in King Phillip's war, and died in 1676.
- JAMES2 COLE (James1), The oldest son of James Cole, the Plymouth inn-keeper was probably born in England and came to the colony when a boy with his father. The date of his birth was probably about 1625, as he is on the list of those able to bear arms in 1643, together with his younger brother Hugh.
- He married December 23, 1652, Mary Tilson, at Scituate, and there his oldest child was born.
- .... etc.
- HUGH2 COLE (James1), the second son of James and Mary Cole, was born probably about 1626, as he is found on the list of able-bodied men in 1643, and those lists generally included the men from sixteen to sixty.
- He married June 8, 1655, Mary, the daughter of Richard Foxwell.*
- .... etc.
- * Richard Foxwell came with Winthrop and was admitted freeman in 1631. He moved to Situate, R. I., in 1634, and m. Ann Shelly. He was one of the church in Situate under the Rev. John Laythrope. He d. about 1668. His children (recorded in Barnstable) were: i. Mary, b. Aug. 17, 1635, m. Hugh Cole. ii. Martha, b. Mar. 24, 1638, m. Sam'l Bacon, May 9, 1699. iii. Ruth, b. Mar. 25, 1641. iv. John, b. — d. Sept, 21, 1646.
- .... etc.
- The children of Hugh and Mary (Foxwell) Cole were:
- 7. i. James, b. Nov. 8, 1655.
- 8. ii. Hugh, b. Mar. 8, 1658.
- 9. iii. John, b. Mar. 16, 1660.
- iv. Martha, b. Apr. 14, 1662.
- v. Anna, b. Oct. 14, 1664, m. Wm. Sailsbury, of Swansey.
- vi. Ruth, b. Jan. 8, 1666.
- 10. vii. Joseph, b. May 15, 1668.
- On Jan. 1, 1689, he married Elizabeth, the widow of Joseph Cook,* and in 1698, as his third wife, the widow Mary Morton.
- JOHN2 COLE (James1), .... etc.
- * Elizabeth Litter was the daughter of Thomas Litter, of Plymouth, who came over from London in 1635, at the age of twenty-three, and died in 1684. He left one son and three daughters, the second of whom, Elizabeth, m. Oct. 1655, Wm. Shurtleff, who was struck by lightning June 23, 1663. By him she had three sons. On Nov. 18, 1669, she m. Joseph Cook, the youngest son of Francis, who came over in the Mayflower in 1620. He was b. in Holland and came over in the Ann, in 1623, with his mother and brother. He d. 1676, and Jan. 1, 1689, she m. Hugh Cole, who survived her.
- SALISBURY, William
- b. 14 AUG 1659 Boston, Suffolk, Mass.
- d. 3 APR 1726 Plymouth, Plymouth, Mass.
- Father: SALISBURY, William
- Mother: Susanna,
- Marriage: 30 JUL 1684
- Spouse: COLE, Ann
- b. 16 APR 1662 Plymouth, Plymouth, Mass.
- d. 23 JUN 1704 Plymouth, Plymouth, Mass.
- Father: COLE, Hugh
- Mother: FOXWELL, Mary
- SALISBURY, William
- SALISBURY, Ann
- SALISBURY, Mary
- SALISBURY, Susanna
- SALISBURY, John
- SALISBURY, Richard
- SALISBURY, Martha
- SALISBURY, Experience
- SALISBURY, Benjamin
- SALISBURY, Patience
- Marriage: 9 JUN 1705 Swansea, Bristol, Mass.
- Spouse:ORMSBY, Mary
- SALISBURY, Rachel
- SALISBURY, Ephraim
- SALISBURY, Rebecca
- SALISBURY, Daniel
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_60.htm#19
Anna (Hannah) Salisbury's Timeline
April 16, 1664
Plymouth, Plymouth, Massachusetts, America
October 8, 1685
Plymouth, Plymouth County, Plymouth Colony
Warren/Swanea, Rhode Island
Swansea, Bristol County, Massachusetts
March 29, 1692
Swansea, Bristol County, Massachusetts, United States
May 25, 1694
Swansea, Bristol County, Province of Massachusetts
May 9, 1695
November 3, 1696
Swansea, Bristol, Massachusetts, USA
Plymouth, Plymouth County, MA, USA