About Anne Dade
- Magna Carta Ancestry: A Study in Coloncial And Medieval Families
- 13. JOHN CORNWALLIS, Knt., of Brome, Suffolk, son and heir, Steward of the Household to Edward Tudor, Prince of Wales (later King Edward VI). He married MARY SULLIARD, daughter of Edward Sulliard (or Sulyard), Esq., of London and Otes (in High Laver), Essex, by his 2nd wife, Anne, daughter of John Norris of Bray, Lancashire. They had four sons, Thomas Ktn., Henry, Esq., Richard, Esq., and William, and three daughters, Elizabeth, Anne (wife of Thomas Kent), and Mary (wife of Wiliam Halse and Roger Warren). SIR JOHN CORNWALLIS died at
- Ashridge, Buckinghamshire 23 April 1544, and was buried at Berkhamstead, Hertfordshire, with a monument in the chancel at Brome, Suffolk. He left a will proved 9 July 1544 (P.C.C. 11 Pynnyng). .... etc.
- Children of John Cornwallis, Knt., by Mary Sulliard:
- RICHARD CORNWALLIS, Esq. [see next].
- ELIZABETH CORNWALLIS, married JOHN BLENNNERHASSET, Esq., of Barsham by Beccles, Suffolk [see THROCKMORTON 14].
- 14. RICHARD CORNWALLIS, Esq., of Shotley and Okenhill Hall (in Badingham) Suffolk, 3rd son. He married MARGARET LOUTHE, daughter and heiress of Lionel Louthe, of Sawtrey Beaumes, Huntingdonshire, and Cretingham, Suffolk, by Elizabeth, daughter of Thomas Blennerhasset, Knt., of Frenze, Suffolk. She was born about 1529 (aged 4 in 1533). They had two sons, Thomas and John, and five daughters, including Anne. RICHARD CORNWALLIS, Esq., is said to have died before 1581. His widow Margaret, then of Tannington, Suffolk, left a will proved in 1603, and was buried at Cretingham, Suffolk.
- 15. ANNE CORNWALLIS, married about 1575 (as his 1st wife THOMAS DADE, Gent., of Tannington, Suffolk, son and heir of William Dade, Gent., of Witton, Norfolk, by Margery, daughter and heiress of Nicholas Godbold, Gent., of Badingham, Suffolk. He was born about 1556. They had four sons, William, Esq., Thomas, Henry, Esq., and John, and six daughters, Audrey (wife of Nicholas Garneys, Gent.), Anne, Frances, Margaret (wife of John Fox), Elizabeth (wife of Thomas Fletcher, Gent.), and Ellen. His wife, Anne, died 2 May 1612, and was buried at Tannington, Suffolk. He married (2nd) ANNE HASELOP, daughter of Thomas Haselop, of Trumpington, Cambridgeshire. They had one son, Thomas, and three daughters, Anne, Frances, and Margery (wife of George Harrison, Gent.). THOMAS DADE, Gent., died at Tannington, Suffolk 13 April 1619, and was buried there in the chancel. He left a will proved in 1619 (P.C.C. 80 Parker). .... etc.
- 16. WILLIAM DADE, ESq., of Tannington and Ipswich, Suffolk, son and heir, born about 1580. He married (1st) in 1612 MARY WINGFIELD, daughter of Henry Wingfield of Crowfield, Suffolk, by Elizabeth, daughter of Thomas Risby [see HANKFORD 14 for her ancestry]. They had seven sons, Thomas, Esq., William, Henry, Robert, Gent., Anthony, [Maj.] Francis, and Charles, and six daughters, Elizabeth, Mary (wife of John Soanes), Anne (wife of John Vere, Gent., and George Gosnell), Frances (wife of Samuel Aldus), Martha (wife of John Glanville, Gent.), and Audrey (wfie of Robert Neale). His wife, Mary died at Tannington, Suffolk 3 Feb. 1624/5. He married (2nd) ELIZABETH REVETT, widow of Robert Armiger, of Freston, and daughter of John Revett, Esq., of Brandeston, Suffolk, They had one daughter, Joan. His wife, Elizabeth, died at Tannington, Suffolk 24 Feb. 1656/7. WILLIAM DADE, Esq., died 22 Feb. 1659/60, and was buried at Tannington, Suffolk with both of his wives. He left a will proved 26 April 1660 (P.C.C. 25 Nabbs). ....etc.
- Mary WINGFIELD
- Born: ABT 1583, Crowfield, Suffolk, England
- Died: 3 Feb 1624, Tannington, Suffolk, England
- Father: Henry WINGFIELD (Esq.)
- Mother: Elizabeth RISBY
- Married: William DADE (son of Thomas Dade and Anne Cornwallis) 1612
- 1. Thomas DADE
- 2. Mary DADE
- 3. Henry DADE
- 4. William DADE
- 5. Anthony DADE
- 6. Robert DADE
- 7. Elizabeth DADE
- 8. Francis DADE
- 9. Frances DADE
- 10. Martha DADE
- 11. Anne DADE
- 12. Charles DADE
- 13. Audrey DADE
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/WINGFIELD.htm#Mary WINGFIELD3
- Richard Cornwallis, Esq.1,2,3
- M, #105289, b. between 1527 and 1531, d. before 1581
- Father Sir John Cornwallis, Steward to Edward Tudor (later King Edward VI)1,4,5 b. c 1494, d. 23 Apr 1544
- Mother Mary Sulliard1,4,5
- Richard Cornwallis, Esq. was born between 1527 and 1531 at of Brome Hall, Eye, Suffolk, England.6 He married Margaret Louthe, daughter of Lionel Louthe and Elizabeth Blennerhasset, between 1552 and 1554; They had 2 sons (Thomas; & John) & 5 daughters (including Anne, married to Thomas Dade, Gent; & Elizabeth, wife of Edmund Bacon).1,2,3 Richard Cornwallis, Esq. died before 1581 at of Okenhill Hall, Badingham, Suffolk, England.1,2,3
- Family Margaret Louthe b. c 1529
- Elizabeth Cornwallis+6 b. c 1555
- 1.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 253.
- 2.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 21.
- 3.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 377.
- 4.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 20-21.
- 5.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. II, p. 376-377.
- 6.[S61] Unknown author, Family Group Sheets, Family History Archives, SLC.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p3505.htm#i105289
- DADE, Henry (c.1582-1653), of Ipswich, Suff.; later of Dallinghoo, Suff.
- b. c.1582, 2nd s. of Thomas Dade (d.1619) of Tannington, Suff. and Anne, da. of Richard Cornwallis of Shotley, Suff.1 educ. Trin. Hall, Camb. 1598, LLB 1604.2 m. (1) 2 Feb. 1623, Elizabeth (d. 27 June 1624), da. of Thomas Ferneley of West Creeting, Suff., wid. of Thomas Shawe of Owston, Lincs., s.p.; (2) 17 Nov. 1625, Thomasine (d. 8 Aug. 1647), da. of John Lea of Coddenham, Suff., wid. of Samuel Sayer of London and Nettlestead, Suff., s.p. d. 15 Sept. 1653.3
- From: http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1604-1629/member/dade-henry-1582-1653
view all 11
Anne Dade's Timeline
July 1, 1579
Tannington, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom
May 2, 1612
Tannington, Suffolk, England, United Kingdom