August Sigfrid Carlsson
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About August Sigfrid Carlsson
- Name: Mr August Sigfrid Carlsson
- Born: Tuesday 12th February 1884
- Age: 28 years
- Last Residence: in Dagsås Halland Sweden
- Occupation: Farmer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 350042 , £7 15s 11d
- Destination: Fower Minnesota United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr August Sigfrid Carlsson, 28, was born 12 February 1884 the son of Karl Magnus and Johanna Beata Johansson, Klef, Dagsås, Tvååker, Varberg, Halland, Sweden.
Carlsson owned a homestead at Rör, Dagsås, he was married to Julia Bernardina Carlsson (née Stenström) and they had two sons.
August Siegfrid Carlsson was traveling from Dagsås to a brother in Tower, Minnesota. He departed on 1 April and traveled from Copenhagen to Esbjerg on 6 April. From there he got a ship to England. He boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger , and died in the sinking, his body was never found. When August Carlsson was officially declared dead on 8 March 1920, the date of death was wrongly put as 14 April 1912.
The Mansion House Fund paid 2699.52 Kr (£148) to widow and 875.52 Kr (£48) to parents. 5466 Kr (£300) damage claims were paid to widow, children & parents. The large damage and support sums is explained by the fact that the family and probably also the parents were fully dependent on his income. Bernardina was pregnant and gave born to a son 12 August 1912. Six days earlier on 6 August their eldest son had died.
References and Sources
- Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm, Sweden
- Leif Snellman, Finland