Augustus "Gus" Schmidt
|Also Known As:||"Smith"|
|Death:||Died in At Sea - Titanic Casualty|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Augustus "Gus" Schmidt
Births Jun 1884
Schmidt Augustus Frederick Whitechapel 1c 343
Births Jun 1889
Schmidt Augustus Frederick Shoreditch 1c 80
Age on Titanic is 26, but news paper report which mentions his brother Oscar suggests 22.
- Name: Mr August Schmidt
- Age: 26 years
- Last Residence: in Newark New Jersey United States
- 2nd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 248659 , £13
- Destination: Newark New Jersey United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr August Schmidt (Augustus Smith), 26, was an Austrian who lived at 11 Berwick Street, London N. He was on his way to Newark, New Jersey. To reach his destination, he bought second class ticket number 248659 for £13 and boarded the Titanic at Southampton.
Schmidt died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
- Newark Evening News, 17 April 1912, Fear Another Newarker Gone
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Marriages, births, deaths and injuries that have occurred on board during the voyage (PRO London, BT 100/259-260)
- United States Senate (62nd Congress), Subcommittee Hearings of the Committee on Commerce, Titanic Disaster, Washington 1912
- Hermann Söldner, Germany