Barent (Barnabas) Van Deventer (Vandevender)
|Also Known As:||"Barnabas", "Barent", "Vandevender", "Vandeventer"|
|Birthplace:||New Brunswick, Middlesex, New Jersey, United States|
|Death:||Died in Pendelton, Virginia, United States|
Son of Jan (John) Vandeventer and Ann (Annetie) Wynant Vandeventer
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Barent (Barnabas) Van Deventer
About Barent (Barnabas) Van Deventer
Vandeventer - is the spelling that has been used in the books by :
- Paul J. Vandeventer, Van Deventer Family 1550 - 1977, The, 1978 McClain Printing Co. Parsons, W. Va.
- Cristobelle Van Deventer 1949 E. W. Stephens Co. Columbia, Mo
other spellings for the name are: Vandeventer, Vandeavander, Vandeverner, Vandevanter, Vandivinter, Vandivender, Vandevander, Vandevanter, Vandevendor, Vandeventor, Vandevendoer and possibly Vandever, Vandivever, Vandiver, and Vandevier. Then to these you add the Van de V... Van D... and VanD...
research has been limited as I have not wanted to do all the work and it may not not be right - The early Vandeventers from Barent back has been done by others
This is a comprehensive site of research work on the Vandeventer VanDeventer surname in America combinign the works of both books listed above this page - http://www.vandeventer.net/Van%20Group/f0257.htm is on -
Barent (Barnabas) VanDeventer (son of Jan VanDeventer and Ann Wynant) BARENT 'BARNABUS' VAN DEVENTER was born on July 13, 1722 and baptised on July 29, 1722 in the Reformed Dutch Church in New Brunswick, Middlesex County, New Jersey; died circa 1799; married JANNETJE (Jane) surname unknown. They married circa 1746.
Barnabas went from New Jersey to Pennsylvania and lived in a county bordering the Delaware River. Accompanied by most of his children, he then went to Rockingham County, Virginia, where he appears on the tax lists in 1787-88; from there to Pendleton County, Virginia and is on the list there from 1789 up to 1799. He located on Smith Creek and some of his children remained in Pendleton County, that later became within the boundaries of West Virginia.
Barent (Barnabas) VanDeventer married Jannetje on .
Jannetje (daughter of and ) was born . She died . (Other spouses: )
They had the following children:
- Peter Vandeventer born: 23 FEB 1745/46 in: bp. in Readington, NJ. died: BET 4 MAY 1820 AND 4 MAY 1824 in: Harrison Co., IN
- John Vandeventer born: 16 JUN 1750 in: bp. in New Brunswick, NJ. died:
- Jacob Vandevender born: 27 MAY 1753 in: bp. in New Brunswick, NJ. died: BEF 7 NOV 1815 in: Pendleton Co,, WV
- Maria Vandeventer born: 27 APR 1755 in: bp. in New Brunswick, NJ. died:
- Wynant Vandeventer born: 23 JAN 1757 in: bp. in New Brunswick, NJ. died: ABT 1857 in: Somerset, NC
- Barnabas Vandeventer born: 28 JAN 1759 in: bp. in New Brunswick, NJ. died: 1 JAN 1851 in: Grant Co., IN
- Antie Vandeventer born: 25 JAN 1761 in: bp. in New Brunswick, NJ. died:
- George Washington Vandevender born: 8 SEP 1766 in: bp. in New Brunswick, NJ. died:
36. Barent or Barnabas VANDEVENTER-220315 (Jan or John, Jacobus or James, Jan or John Pietersz, Pieter Hermans, Herman Pieters, Peter) b. 13 Jul 1722 bp. 29 Jul Reformed Dutch Church New Brunswick, , New Jersey.
Went to Pa., then to Rockingham co., Va. and then to Pendleton co., W Va.: They had the following children:
- 55 M i. Peter VANDEVENTER-232916 bp. 23 Feb 1745/1746 eformed Dutch Church New, Readington, , New Jersey d. abt. 1824 , Harrison, Indiana; m. (MRIN:1111) Margaret LINK-2336. will dtd 4 May 1820 probated 4 May 1824. Rev. War Vet
- 56 M ii. John VANDEVENTER-233017 bp. 16 Jun 1750 Reformed Dutch Church New Brunswick, , New Jersey; m. Sarah [_?_]
- + 57 M iii. Jacob VANDEVENDER-2331 bp. 27 May 1753 d. bef. 7 Nov 1815.
- 58 F iv. Maria VANDEVENTER-233218 bp. 27 Apr 1755 Reformed Dutch Church New Brunswick, , New Jersey.
- + 59 M v. Wynant VANDEVENTER-2202 bp. 23 Jan 1757 d. abt. 1857.
- + 60 M vi Barnabas VANDEVENTER-2333 bp. 28 Jan 1759 d. 1 Jan 1851.
- 61 F vii. Anite VANDEVENTER-233419 bp. 25 Jan 1761 Reformed Dutch Church New Brunswick, , New Jersey.
- + 62 M viii. George Washington VANDEVENTER-2335 bp. 8 Sep 1766.
Barent also married (2-MRIN:1110) Sarah [-?-]-2325.
15. Paul J.. Vandeventer, Van Deventer Family 1550 - 1977, The, pg. 218.
"Barent (Barnabas) Vandeventer later called Barnabas b. July 13,, 1722; bp. July 29, R. D. Church New Brunswick, N.J..; m. Jannetje (surname not known); went first to Pa.. and lived in a county bordering on the Delaware River. Accompanied by most of his children, he went from there to Rockingham co., Va..., where he appears on the tax lists 1787-88 and in Pendleton co., 17889 up to 1799.., appear the names oof Barnabas, Jacob, Peter and George. He located on Smith Creek and many of his descendants remained in Pendleton co. (now W. Va.); some removed to Indiana and Ohio. Different spellings of the name have been used by this family. Children: Peter...John... Jacob..Maria..Wynant..Barnabas Jr...Anite..George."
16. Paul J.. Vandeventer, Van Deventer Family 1550 - 1977, The, pg. 218-7.
"Peter bp.. Feb. 22, 1746 R. D. Ch. Readington, N.J.; d. ca. 1824 Harrison co., Ind...Peter Vandeventer enlisted at Millerstown (Woodstock), Va. in the autumn of 1775 and served as a private throughout the war of of the Revolution, in Capt. Campbell's co., 8th Regt.. Va. Liine, commanded by Col. Muhlenberg; transferred to Capt. Savage's Co. and later to Capt. Gibson's co.. also as drummer in Capt. Jonathan Langdon's co., 1776; made application for a pension Apr.. 27, 1818 in Harrison co., In. stating that he was almost 78 years old. His claim was allowed on cert. issued Dec. 10, 1818. Affidavits in support of claim were made by Phillip Stine and John Wendell. Peter Vandeventer obtained a warrant dated Nov. 3, 1783,, for 70 acres of land in Pendleton co., Va. 'between the South Branch and the South Fork' (Bk. 30 pg. 246 Land Off.. Richmond, Va.). Later he went to Harrison co., In.d, where he resided in 1816 as evidenced by a bill of sale March 27, 1816 to Joseph Kesner for sale of livestock, household goods etc.. (Deed Bk. A pg. 224), Harrisoon co. Rec.); m. Margaret Link widow of John Link. His will May 4, 1820 pro. May 4, 1834 bequeaths land and personal estate in Pendleton co., Va. to his step-daughters Catherine (Link) Copp; heirs of Polly Link (lately Polly Morgan, dec.); Sarah (Link) Blume; Susanna (Link) McCoy and provides they shall have no interest iin his other property.. Mary Vandeventer, Admx was summoned to appear in the Probate Court, Corydon, In."
17. Paul J.. Vandeventer, Van Deventer Family 1550 - 1977, The, pg. 218.
"John bp.. June 16, 17500 R. D. Ch. New Burnswick; m. Sarah __."
18. Paul J.. Vandeventer, Van Deventer Family 1550 - 1977, The, pg. 218.
"Maria bp. Apr. 27, 1755 N.B."
19. Paul J.. Vandeventer, Van Deventer Family 1550 - 1977, The, pg. 218.
"Antjie bp. Jan. 25, 177761 N.B."
Barent (Barnabas) Van Deventer's Timeline
July 13, 1722
New Brunswick, Middlesex, New Jersey, United States
July 29, 1722
Dutch Ref. Ch., New Brunswick, Nj
June 16, 1750
May 22, 1753
New Brunswick,, New Jersey, United States
April 27, 1755
January 23, 1757
New Brunswick, Middlesex, New Jersey,
January 28, 1759
New Brunswick, NJ