view all 32
About Katherine Howard, Baroness Berners
- Katherine Howard1,2,3
- F, b. circa 1468, d. 12 March 1536
- Father Sir John Howard, Lord Howard, Duke of Norfolk, Sheriff of Norfolk, Suffolk, & Oxfordshire2,3 b. c 1421, d. 22 Aug 1485
- Mother Margaret Chedworth2,3 b. c 1425, d. 1494
- Katherine Howard was born circa 1468. She married Sir John Bourchier, Chancellor of the Exchequer, 2nd Lord Berners, son of Sir Humphrey Bourchier and Elizabeth Tilney, circa 1490; Fined for marriage in 1491/2. They had 1 son (Thomas) and 3 daughters (Joan/Jane, Margaret, & Mary).4,2,3 Katherine Howard died on 12 March 1536.2
- Family Sir John Bourchier, Chancellor of the Exchequer, 2nd Lord Berners b. c 1467, d. 19 Mar 1533
- Jane Bourchier2,5 b. c 1492, d. 17 Feb 1562
- 1.[S4642] Unknown author, Ancestral Roots of 60 Colonists, pp. 9, 22.
- 2.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 142.
- 3.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 236.
- 4.[S11568] The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain, and the United Kingdom, by George Edward Cokayne, Vol. II, p. 154.
- 5.[S5] Douglas Richardson, Plantagenet Ancestry, p. 368.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p544.htm#i16359
- Katharine Howard1
- F, #17054, d. 12 March 1535/36
- Last Edited=26 May 2008
- Katharine Howard was the daughter of John Howard, 1st Duke of Norfolk and Margaret Chedworth.1 She married John Bourchier, 2nd Lord Berners, son of Sir Humphrey Bourchier and Elizabeth Tylney.1 She died on 12 March 1535/36.1
- Her married name became Bourchier.1
- Children of Katharine Howard and John Bourchier, 2nd Lord Berners
- 1.Mary Bourchier1 d. b 1533
- 2.Jane Bourchier+1 d. 17 Feb 1561/62
- 1.[S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume II, page 154. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p1706.htm#i17054
- OTHER REFERENCES DO NO LIST A HUSBAND JOHN NORREYS, POSSIBLY CONFUSION WITH MOTHERS HUSBAND?
- Catherine HOWARD
- Born: 1486
- Died: 12 Mar 1535/6
- Father: John HOWARD (1°. D. Norfolk)
- Mother: Margaret CHEDWORTH (D. Norfolk)
- Married: John BOURCHIER (2° B. Berners) 8 Nov 1497, Tendring, Essex, England. DIVORCED
- 1. Joan BOURCHIER (B. Berners)
- 2. Mary BOURCHIER
- 3. Christopher BOURCHIER
- Married 2: John NORREYS of Yattendon (Sir)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/HOWARD1.htm#Catherine HOWARD2
- Katherine Howard Bourchier
- Birth: 1467 Suffolk, England
- Death: Mar. 12, 1536 Suffolk, England
- Baroness of Berners
- Daughter of John Howard, the 1st Duke of Norfolk and his second wife, Margaret Chedworth. Granddaughter of Sir Robert Howard of Tendring and Margaret de Mowbray, and Sir John Chedworth.
- Katherine was the wife of John Bourchier, 2nd Baron Berners, son of Sir Humphrey Bourchier and Elizabeth Tilney. They were married before 13 May 1490 and had four children:
- Thomas Bourchier, died before his father
- Joan Bourchier, wife of Sir Edmund Knyvet
- Margaret Bourchier, died before her father
- Mary Bourchier, wife of Alexander Unton of Wadley
- On the east wall of the organ chamber is a brass, not in its original position, in memory of Lady Katherine Howard, who died in 1535. She is depicted wearing pedimental head-dress and a long mantle which bears the arms of Howard with the Flodden augmentation. At her feet is a squirrel holding a nut.
- Family links:
- John Howard (1422 - 1485)
- Margaret Chedworth Howard (1436 - 1494)
- John Bourchier (1469 - 1533)*
- Jane Bourchier Knyvet (____ - 1562)*
- Anne Howard Gorges**
- Thomas Howard (1443 - 1524)**
- Margaret Howard Wyndham (1451 - ____)**
- Katherine Howard Bourchier (1467 - 1536)
- *Calculated relationship
- Burial: St Mary Churchyard, Lambeth, London Borough of Lambeth, Greater London, England
- Find A Grave Memorial# 65584232
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=65584232
view all 21
Katherine Howard, Baroness Berners's Timeline
of Tendring, Essex, England
Ashwellthorpe, Norfolk, England
Of, Ashwillthorpe, Norfolk, England
of, Ashwillthorpe, Norfolk, England
March 12, 1536
December 4, 1928
December 4, 1928
December 4, 1928