About Bartholomew Harris
"THE ENGLISH ORIGIN OF AGNES HARRIS OF HARTFORD, CONN., WIFE OF WILLIAM1 SPENCER AND WILLIAM 1 EDWARDS" by Douglas Richardson; The American Genealogist. New Haven, CT: D. L. Jacobus, 1937-. (Online database. AmericanAncestors.org. New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2009 - .) viewed by Kris Stewart, May 11, 2013
- Kris Stewart can you transcribe some of the information pertaining to Bartholomew Harris and post it here? I think that a membership or subscription is necessary? (Carole Pomeroy)
- Bartholomew Harris, Mayor of Barnstaple1,2
- M, #73550, b. circa 1564
- Father John Harris b. c 1534
- Bartholomew Harris, Mayor of Barnstaple was born circa 1564 at of Barnstaple, Devonshire, England. He married Elizabeth Collamore, daughter of Henry Collamore and Margaret Blight, on 18 January 1587 at Braunton, Devonshire, England; They had 4 sons (George; John; Philip; & Richard, Mayor of Barnstable) and 7 daughters (Agnes (died young); Priscilla; Joan, wife of (Mr.) Strawbridge: Philippa, wife of Willliam Baker, & of John Gread; Elizabeth; Agnes, wife of William Spencer, & of William Edwards; & Mary, wife of John Gribble, & of John Thorne).1,2 Bartholomew Harris, Mayor of Barnstaple was buried on 10 October 1615 at Barnstaple, Devonshire, England.1,2 His estate was probated on 22 November 1615; Administration of his estate.1,2
- Family Elizabeth Collamore b. 2 Sep 1566
- Agnes Harris+1,2 b. 6 Apr 1604, d. a 1680
- 1.[S16] Douglas Richardson, Magna Carta Ancestry, 2nd Edition, Vol. II, p. 365.
- 2.[S4] Douglas Richardson, Royal Ancestry, Vol. III, p. 233.
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2448.htm#i73550
- Ancestral roots of certain American colonists who came to America before ... By Frederick Lewis Weis, Walter Lee Sheppard, William
- Pg. 229
- 39. HENRY COLLAMORE, 2nd s., event. h., chr. 12 Jan. 1541/2, Braunton, co. Devon, bur. 15 June 1625, Bishop's Tawton, co. Devon; m. by 1563, Margaret Blight, b. say 1545, bur. 27 Nov. 1626, Bishop's Tawton, co. Devon. (Parish Records of Braunton, Devon and Bishop's Tawton, Devon; Vivian, Visit. of Devon, pp. 216-217).
- 40. ELIZABETH COLLAMORE, chr. 2 Sept. 1566, Bishop's Tawton, Co. Devon, bur. 7 Dec. 1647, Barnstaple, co. Devon; m. 18 Jan. 1586/7, Braunton, co. Devon, Bartholomew Harris, yeo., mayor of Barstaple, co. Devon, 1602, b. say 1560, bur. 10 Oct. 1615, Barnstaple, co. Devon. Bartholomew's parentage not established but prob. related to John Harris, mayor of Barnstaple 1578 and 1596, will dtd. 1600, pro. 1602 (PCC 2 Montague) name Bartholomew Harris as a co-exec. of John Harris' estate. (Parish Records of Bishop's Tawton, co. Devon, of Braunton, co. Devon, and of Barnstaple, co. Devon; Abstract of probate (administration) of Bartholomew Harris, dtd. 1615, file with the Oswyn Murray Coll., the Devon Record Office, Exeter, co. Devon; Will of Elizabeth (Collamore) Harris, dtd. 1647, prob 1649, PCC 9 Fairfax).
- 41. AGNES HARRIS, chr. 6 Apr. 1604, Barnstaple, co. Devon, liv. 1680, Hartford, Conn.; m. (1) say 1634, prob. Cambridge, Mass., William Spencer, chr. 11 Oct. 1601, Stotfold, Bedford, d. 1640, Hartford, Conn., deputy to Mass. General Court, 1634 through 1637, rep. to Conn. General Court, 1639-1640, s. Gerard Spencer and Alice Whitbred; m. (2) 11 Dec. 1645, Hartford, Conn., William Edwards, chr. 1 Nov. 1618, . . . .
- Bartholomew Harris1
- M, b. circa 1560
- Bartholomew Harris was born circa 1560 at probably, Barnstable, Devon, England. He married Elizabeth Collamore, daughter of Henry Collamore and Margaret Blight, on 18 January 1586/87 at Braunton, Devon, England. Bartholomew Harris was buried on 10 October 1615 at Barnstable, Devon, England.
- Child of Bartholomew Harris and Elizabeth Collamore
- Agnes Harris+ b. 6 Apr 1604, d. a 20 Feb 1679
- 1.[S151] , 2005.
- From: http://www.charlemagne.org/p99.htm#i3286
Bartholomew Harris's Timeline
Barnstable, Devonshire, England
March 15, 1588
Devon, , England
March 29, 1595
December 1, 1599
December 5, 1600
Devon, , England
November 28, 1602
April 30, 1608
Barnstaple, Devon, , England