About Beatrice de Ros
Beatrice de STAFFORD (1342-1415) [Pedigree]
Daughter of Sir Ralph de STAFFORD K.G. 1st Earl of Stafford (1301-1372) and Margaret AUDLEY Baroness Audley (1325-1348)
b. ABT 1342, Tunbridge, Stafford, Eng.
d. 14 Apr 1415
Married Sir Thomas de ROS 4th Lord Ros (1336-1384)
Children: [listed under entry for Thomas de ROS]
1. [GENSERV]"Genealogical Server, www.genserv.com",
2. [FarisPA]"Plantagenet Ancestry of Seventeenth-Century Colonists",
Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1996.
3. [AR7] "Ancestral roots of certain American colonists who came
to America before 1700",
Frederick Lewis Weis, 1992, seventh edition.
The earlier editions were called: "Ancestral roots of
sixty colonists who came to New England 1623-1650"
Beatrice de Stafford1
F, #176188, d. 14 April 1415
Beatrice de Stafford|d. 14 Apr 1415|p17619.htm#i176188|Ralph de Stafford, 1st Earl of Stafford|b. 24 Sep 1301\nd. 31 Aug 1372|p812.htm#i8120|Margaret Audley, Baroness Audley|d. bt 1347 - 1351|p987.htm#i9864|Edmund de Stafford|d. 1308|p17619.htm#i176187|Margaret Basset||p11699.htm#i116983|Hugh Audley, 1st and last Earl of Gloucester|b. c 1289\nd. 10 Nov 1347|p2753.htm#i27521|Margaret de Clare|b. 1293\nd. Apr 1342|p10485.htm#i104850|
Last Edited=13 Jun 2009
Beatrice de Stafford was the daughter of Ralph de Stafford, 1st Earl of Stafford and Margaret Audley, Baroness Audley.2,1 She married, firstly, Maurice FitzMaurice, 2nd Earl of Desmond.3 She married, secondly, Thomas de Ros, 4th Lord de Ros of Helmsley, son of William de Ros, 2nd Lord de Ros of Helmsley and Margery de Badlesmere, circa 1 January 1359.3 She married, thirdly, Sir Richard Burley after 1384.3 She died on 14 April 1415.3
From after 1384, her married name became Burley.3
Children of Beatrice de Stafford and Thomas de Ros, 4th Lord de Ros of Helmsley
* Elizabeth de Ros+ d. Mar 14241
* Margaret de Ros+ 2
* Thomas de Ros 3
* Robert de Ros 3
* John de Ros, 5th Baron de Ros of Helmsley b. c 1368, d. 6 Aug 13933
* William de Ros, 6th Lord de Ros of Helmsley+ b. c 1369, d. 1 Sep 14144
1. [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume III, page 292. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
2. [S1545] Mitchell Adams, "re: West Ancestors," e-mail message from <e-mail address> (Australia) to Darryl Roger Lundy, 6 December 2005 - 19 June 2009. Hereinafter cited as "re: West Ancestors".
3. [S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 1, page 1107. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
4. [S6] Cokayne, and others, The Complete Peerage, volume XI, page 102.
1343 - 1415
Birth Aft 1342
Lived In England
Died 14 Apr 1415
Person ID I00028783 Leo
Last Modified 17 Aug 1996
Father Ralph de Stafford, 2nd Baron and 1st Earl of Stafford, b. 24 Sep 1301
Mother Margaret de Audley, b. Abt Jan 1318/ November 1322
Family ID F00012026 Group Sheet
Family 1 Maurice FitzMaurice, 2nd Earl of Desmond, b. 31 Jul 1336, Newcastle, co. Limerick
1. Joan FitzMaurice
Last Modified 26 Apr 2003
Family ID F00012549 Group Sheet
Family 2 Thomas de Ros, 4th Lord de Ros of Helmsley, b. 13 Jan 1337, Stoke Albany, Northants.
Married 1 Jan 1358/1359 *
1. Margaret de Ros
2. Elizabeth de Ros
3. William de Ros, 6th Lord de Ros of Helmsley, b. Abt 1368
Last Modified 14 Jun 2009
Family ID F00012547 Group Sheet
Family 3 Sir Richard Burley
Married Bef 20 Aug 1385
Last Modified 26 Jun 1997
Family ID F00012548 Group Sheet
Sources 1. [S01352] ~Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Peerage, Baronetage and Knightage, London, 1938, Reference: Page 790
2. [S00010] A Genealogical History of the dormant, abeyant, forfeited and extinct peerages of the British Empire, London, 1866, Burke, Sir Bernard, Reference: 499
3. [S00058] The Complete Peerage, 1936 , Doubleday, H.A. & Lord Howard de Walden, Reference: XI 101
Beatrice de Ros's Timeline
Tunbridge, Staffordshire, England
Helmsley, Yorkshire, England
Stoke Albany, Northamptonshire, England
Westmoreland, England, United Kingdom
Stoke Albany, Northamptonshire, England