Matching family tree profiles for Benjamin Phelps
About Benjamin Phelps
- The Phelps family of America and their English ancestors, with copies of wills, deeds, letters, and other interesting papers, coats of arms and valuable records (1899) Vol.2
- 4. Capt. Abraham Phelps, b. Windsor, Ct., 22 Jan., 1642, 111. Mary Pinney, 6 July, 1663, daughter of Humphrey and Mary (Hill) Pinney, of Somerset, England, who came to Dorchester, in ship Mary and John, to Windsor in 1635. She was b. Windsor, bapt. 16 June, 1644, where she d. 25 July, 1725, in her 82nd year.
- Capt. Phelps, when very young, was adopted by his cousin, Abraham Randall, and inherited his property (about ,£140), except small legacies to his brothers, Isaac and Joseph. .... etc.
- "Here lyeth ye body of Capt. Abraham Phelps, who died Jany. ye 25, 1727-8, aged 85 years."
- It is now in the Windsor Cemetery.
- Their children were :
- + 22. I. Abraham, b. Windsor. Ct., 6 March, 1665-6.
- 23. II. Isaac, b. " " ,5 Aug., 1672-, d. 24 July, 1706, aged 33 years.
- + 24. Ill, Benjamin, b. Windsor, Ct., 1 Oct., 1683, m. Hannah Birge.
- 24. Benjamin Phelps, b. Windsor, Ct., 10 Oct., 1683, in. Hannah Birge, 12 April, 1705,
- Mr. Phelps settled in Windsor, Ct.. where he died 24 July 1706. His widow m. 2nd Sergt. James Eno, as his 2nd wife, 15 July, 1708, and had six children by him. She died in Windsor, March, 1728.
- Child, b. Windsor, Ct.:
- + 78. I. Mary, b. 1706, m. Samuel Stiles.
- Marriages, Windsor, Hartford Co., Connecticut
- Benjamin Phelps and Hannah Birge both of Windsor were married Aprill 12th 1705
- Benjamin Phelps and Rachel Brown both of Windsor were married June the 24th A.D. 1731
- From: http://www.genealogybuff.com/ct/ct-hartford-windsor-mar2.htm
- BIRGE, Hannah
- b. 17 JUN 1682 Windsor, Hartford, CT.
- Father: BIRGE, John
- Mother: WATSON, Hannah
- Marriage: 12 APR 1705 Windsor, Hartford, CT.
- Spouse: PHELPS, Benjamin
- b. 1 OCT 1683 Windsor, Hartford, CT.
- d. 24 JUL 1706
- Father: PHELPS, Abraham
- Mother: PINNEY, Mary
- PHELPS, Mary
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_235.htm#279
- Husband: Abraham Phelps
- Born: 22 Jan 1642 at: Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
- Married: 6 Jul 1665 at: Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
- Died: 28 Jan 1727 at: Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
- Father: George Phelps
- Mother: Philura Randall
- Wife: Mary H. Penney
- Born: 16 Jun 1644 at: Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
- Died: 15 Jul 1725 at: Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
- Father: Humphrey Pinney
- Mother: Marie Mary Hull
- Sources: 
- Name: Abraham Phelps Born: 6 Mar 1665 at: Died: at:
- Name: Isaac Phelps Born: 5 Aug 1673 at: Died: at:
- Name: Benjamin Phelps Born: 1 Oct 1683 at: Died:
- From: http://www.phelpsfamilyhistory.com/genealogy/d0011/f0000066.asp#I6262
- Benjamin Phelps
- Birth: Oct. 10, 1683 Windsor, Hartford County, Connecticut, USA
- Death: Jul. 24, 1706 Windsor, Hartford County, Connecticut, USA
- Benjamin Phelps married Hannah Birge 12 Apr 1705. They had daughter Mary born 1706 who married Samuel Stiles. Benjamin Phelps died 24 Jul 1706. His widow married second Sergt. James Eno, as his 2nd wife 15 Jul 1708, and had six children by him. (Phelps Family, page 1280)
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=80752105
Benjamin Phelps's Timeline
October 1, 1683
Windsor, Hartford County, Connecticut
July 24, 1706
Of Windsor, Hartford County, Connecticut
September 4, 1706
Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, USA