About Bennie F. Neal, Sr.
A 1974 graduate of the Meriwether County Public Schools (Manchester High School). A BS degree was earned from The Fort Valley State University specializing in History. My career as a educator has spanned over three decades. In fact, my career as a teacher and administrator has totaled 30 years. East Cleveland is a small imperished, low income, transient urban community. Prior to being in Cleveland and East Cleveland, my first teaching position began at Manchester High School as a Social Studies Intern(Spring 1978). Accomplished educator with demonstrated ability to teach, motivate, and direct students while maintaining high interest and achievement. Articulate communicator able to effectively interact with diverse populations of students at a variety of academic levels. Consistently maintain excellent relations with students, parents, faculty, and administrators. Self motivated with strong planning, organizational and leadership skills. I have been in education all ofmy life. I have seen and been part of so many changes in the so called teaching revolution. My intrested peaked at The Fort Valley State University during the years of 1974 - 1978 and I became an above average student who wanted to educate "urban students". I was blessed to be placed in my ideal location to do just that. As an educator on the front line of so called "urban" students we have tried so many educational adventures to create that perfect educational paradise.
Presently: Curriculum Specialist, Shaw High School, East Cleveland City Schools.
• Direct, coordinate and supervise the regular curricular and instructional programs, including in-service programs, program evaluation, budgeting and requisitioning of curricular and instructional supplies and equipment, textbook adaption/selection, maintenance of instructional materials, and special events.
• Assist in the supervision and evaluation of teachers
• Development, implement and evaluate a continuous program on staff development
• Perform other duties as assigned by the principal or designee
• Coordinate the Morning Open Gym Program for students to participate
Part Time GED Intake/ Assessment/Orientation Specialist (Shaw High School)
• Conduct assessment procedures and assist with the intake process
• Work with adult students
• Teach the Reading, Math, Science and Language Arts areas of the GED curriculum
Saturday School Instructor (Shaw High School)
• Knowledge of social studies assessment procedures
• Demonstrate knowledge and ability to work with students
• Ability to teach social studies
2004 – 2009 Social Studies Instructor (Shaw High School)
• World History
• American History
• African American History
1999 – 2004 Assistant Principal (Shaw High School)
• Assists in the supervision and evaluation of school personnel
• Assists in developing, implementing and amending school administrative regulations and procedures consistent with board policy; court mandates, state statues and union agreements.
• Assists the department chairpersons in developing and/or implementing innovative instructional programs
• Assists in implementing programs to reduce absenteeism and dropouts.
1998-2000 Adjunct Instructor, Bryant & Stratton College
Adjunct Instructor, Education America Remington College
1984-1999 Teacher/ Administrator, Cleveland Municipal Schools