|Birthplace:||Bolton, Worcester County, Province of Massachusetts, (Present USA)|
|Death:||Died in Plymouth, Windsor County, Vermont, United States|
|Place of Burial:||Plymouth, Windsor, Vermont, United States|
Son of Josiah Coolidge and Mary Coolidge (Jones)
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Capt. John Coolidge
About Capt. John Coolidge
John Coolidge DAR Ancestor #: A025575
- Birth: Circa 1756 - Bolton, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Death: Mar 23 1822 - Plymouth, Windsor, Vermont, US
- Parents: Josiah Coolidge, Mary Jones
- Married: Hannah Priest
John (third child) b. about 1756, Bolton, MA. Served in the War of the Revolution and used his mustering out script to buy land in Plymouth, VT, where he came with his family in the 1780's, the fourth family to settle there. He became known as Captain John Coolidge; m. Hannah Priest 1779. (2)
- Partial Genealogy of the Coolidges of Massachusetts & Vermont - Part 1
- Calvin Coolidge Memorial Foundation - Genealogy
- Find A Grave Memorial# 7156818
- New England Historical and Genealogical Register, (New England Historic and Genealogical Society), 1923, Vol. 77, Pages 293, 295.
- The American Genealogist, (New Haven, Connecticut: D. L. Jacobus, 1937-), 1977, Vol. 53, Page 66, New England Historic Genealogical Society, Online Database,
- U.S., Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications, 1889-1970, SAR #87944, Application for Field Paul Morgan, Ancestry.com, Online Databases, Provo, UT.
- Cutter, William Richard, Genealogical and Personal Memoirs Relating to the Families of the State of Massachusetts, Volume 4, New York: Lewis Historical Publishing Company (1910), 2149.