|Birthplace:||Falmouth, (Present Barnstable County), Plymouth Colony (Present Massachusetts), (Present USA)|
|Death:||Died in Falmouth, Barnstable County, Province of Massachusetts, (Present USA)|
Son of Capt. Jonathan Hatch and Sarah Hatch
|Occupation:||Farmer and Capt. of Militia, Farmer|
|Managed by:||Gwyneth McNeil|
Matching family tree profiles for Capt. Joseph Hatch
About Capt. Joseph Hatch
- Joseph Hatch
- Birth: May 7, 1654 Falmouth, Barnstable County, Massachusetts, USA
- Death: Feb. 16, 1736 Falmouth, Barnstable County, Massachusetts, USA
- Son of Jonathan & Sarah (Rowley) Hatch. Husband to Amy (Allen) Hatch, and father to nine children: Lydia, Amy, Joseph, Ichabod, Ruth, Joanna, Rebecca, Ebenezer, and Barnabas Hatch.
- Family links:
- Jonathan Hatch (1627 - 1710)
- Sarah Rowley Hatch (1630 - 1710)
- Amey Allen Hatch (1663 - 1709)
- Amy Hatch Delano (1687 - 1762)*
- Joseph Hatch (1689 - 1750)*
- Ichabod Hatch (1691 - 1754)*
- Rebecca Hatch Berry (1700 - 1783)*
- Ebenezer Hatch (1702 - 1783)*
- Mary Hatch Weeks (1648 - 1714)*
- Thomas Hatch (1649 - ____)*
- Joseph Hatch (1654 - 1736)
- Benjamin Hatch (1656 - 1711)*
- Nathaniel Hatch (1657 - 1705)*
- Samuel Hatch (1659 - 1718)*
- Moses Hatch (1662 - 1747)*
- Sarah Hatch Wing (1664 - 1732)*
- Mercy Hatch Rowley (1665 - 1711)*
- Lydia Hatch (1669 - 1681)*
- "Here lyes the
- body of Mr
- Joseph Hatch
- Aged 83 Years
- Dec'd Feb'ry ye 16th
- Burial: Falmouth Old Burying Ground, Falmouth, Barnstable County, Massachusetts, USA
- Find A Grave Memorial# 25474099
- From: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=25474099
- Joseph Hatch
- M, #73069, b. 7 May 1654, d. 16 February 1738
- Father Jonathan Hatch b. 7 Sep 1625, d. 10 Dec 1710
- Mother Sarah Rowley b. 11 Aug 1625, d. Dec 1710
- Joseph Hatch was born on 7 May 1654 at Falmouth, Barnstable, MA. He married Amey Allen, daughter of James Allen and Elizabeth Partridge, on 7 December 1683 at Falmouth, Barnstable, MA. Joseph Hatch died on 16 February 1738 at Falmouth, Barnstable, MA, at age 83.
- Family Amey Allen b. 14 Aug 1663, d. 24 Feb 1709
- Amey Hatch+ b. 10 Jul 1687, d. 1 Jul 1762
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p2432.htm#i73069
- Joseph Hatch1
- M, #358132, b. 1654, d. 1737/38
- Last Edited=19 May 2009
- Joseph Hatch was born in 1654.1 He was the son of Jonathan Hatch and Sarah Rowley.1 He married Amy Allen, daughter of James Allen and Elizabeth Partridge.1 He died in 1737/38.1
- Child of Joseph Hatch and Amy Allen
- Amy Hatch+1 b. 1684, d. 1762
- [S60] Charles and Hugh Brogan Mosley, editor, American Presidential Families (London, U.K.: Alan Sutton and Morris Genealogical Books, 1994), page 473. Hereinafter cited as American Presidential Families.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p35814.htm#i358132
- ALLEN, Amy
- b. 14 AUG 1663 Sandwich, Barnstable, Mass.
- d. 24 FEB 1709/10 Falmouth, Barnstable, Mass.
- Father: ALLEN, James
- Mother: PARTRIDGE, Elizabeth
- Marriage: 7 DEC 1683
- Spouse: HATCH, Joseph
- b. 7 MAR 1653/4 Barnstable, Barnstable, Mass.
- d. 16 FEB 1735/6 Falmouth, Barnstable, Mass.
- Father: HATCH, Jonathan
- Mother: ROWLEY, Sarah
- HATCH, Lydia
- HATCH, Amy
- HATCH, Joseph
- HATCH, Ichabod
- HATCH, Ruth
- HATCH, Joanna b. 2 JUN 1696 Falmouth, Barnstable, Mass.
- HATCH, Elizabeth
- HATCH, Ebenezer
- HATCH, Barnabas
- HATCH, Rebecca
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_2f5.htm#73
- The New England Historical & Genealogical Register and ..., Volume 14
- THIS family, descended from Thomas Hatch, who was an immigrant as early as 1633-4; and was made a freeman of Massachusetts Colony, at Boston, May 14, 1634;* was one of the persons "who are proposed to take up their freedom at Yarmouth," Jan. 7, 1638-9; and was a settler in Barnstable, June 1, 1641; where he was a member of the church of Rev. John Lathrop, and died in 1661. His only son, Jonathan Hatch, was one of the purchasers, with Isaac Robinson, and twelve others, of the Plantation of Suckannesset, on Vineyard Sound, now Falmouth, in 1660; .... etc.
- .... Mr Jonathan Hatch resided there until his death. He married Sarah Rowley, at Barnstable, April 11, 1646. His only sister Lydia, married Henry Taylor, .... etc.
- He had 11 children; 7 born in Barnstable, and 4 in Suckannessett;
- * .... etc.
- 8 sons, and 3 daughters, viz.: (2) Mary,2 b. July 16, 1647;—(3) Thomas,2[†] b. Jan. 1, 1649; m. Abigail Codman, at Barnstable, Jan. or Feb. 22, 1679;—(4) Jonathan,2[†] b. May 16-17, 1652; m. at Barnstable, Abigail —— , per Fal. rec. Sept. 4, 1676; or Eliza Walker, per Bar. rec. Dec. 4, 1676;—(5) Joseph,2[†] b. March 7, or June 10, 1654; m. per Fal. rec. Amy Allen, Dec. 7, 1683, per Bar. rec. Mary Allin, Dec. 7, 1689; had 4 sons and 6 daughters; and d. Feb. 16, 1738, ae. 84 at Fal.;—(6) Benjamin,2[†] b. per Bar. rec. Sept. 7, 1655; m. Mary Hamblin, Jan. 17, 1678; or, per Fal. rec. b. June 6, 1656; m. Mary Lumber, [Lombard,] June 17, 1678; who d. and he m. a 2d wife in 1682, name unrecorded; and had 6 sons and 4 daus.;—(7) Nathaniel,2[†] b. per Bar. rec. June 5, 1657; per Fal. rec. Sept. 3, 1658; m. ——.;—(8) Samuel,2[†] b. per Bar. rec. Oct. 11, 1659; per Fal. rec. Oct. 4, 1660; m. —— . All the pre. b. at Bar.;—(9) Moses,2 b. per Bar. rec. March 4, 1662; per Fal. rec. March 7, 1663; 1st white child b. in Fal.;—(10) Sarah,2 per Bar. rec. b. March 21, 1664; per Fal. rec. March 23, 1665;—(10) Mark,2 b. April 27, 1667;—(10a) Lydia,2 b. May 16, 1669; all the last 4 in Suckannesset.
- .... etc.
- 5. JOSEPH2 HATCH had, (18) Lydia,3 b. Jan. 13, 1684;—(19) Amy,3 b. July 4, 1687;—(20) Joseph,3[†] b. Aug. 3, 1689;—(21) Ichabod,3 b. Oct. 21, 1691;—(22) Ruth,3 b. Nov. 7, 1693;—(23) Joannah,3 b. June 2, 1696;—(24) Elisabeth,3 b. Nov. 6, 1697;—(25) Bethiah,3 b. Jan. 25, 1700;—(26) Ebenezer,3[†] b. March 26, 1702;—(27) Barnabas,3[†] b. Feb. 4, 1704.
- 6. BENJAMIN2 .... etc.
- Genealogical Notes of Barnstable Families By Amos Otis
- .... etc.
- Children of Jonathan Hatch and Sarah Rowley, his wife. Born in Barnstable. (The discrepancies between the Barnstable and Falmouth records are noted.)
- 4. I. Mary, July 16, 1647.
- 5. II. Thomas, Jan. 1, 1649.
- 6. III. Jonathan, May 17, 1652, May 16, 1652.
- 7. IV. Joseph, May 7, 1654, June 10, 1654.
- 8. V. Benjamin, Sept. 7, 1655, June 6, 1656.
- 9. VI. Nathaniel, June 5, 1657, Sept. 3, 1658.
- 10. VII. Samuel, Oct. 11, 1659, Oct. 4, 1660.
- Born in Falmouth.
- 11. VIII. Moses, March 4, 1662, March 4, 1663.
- 12. IX. Sarah, March 21, 1664, March 23, 1665.
- 13. X. Mercy, April 27, 1667.
- 14. XI. Lydia, May 16, 1669.
- (4-1.) Mary, .... etc.
- 8-7. Benjamin Hatch was a farmer. In 1729 he removed to Mansfield, Conn., and died there or in Tolland before the year 1736. He married three wives: 1st Mary Hamblin, Jan. 17, 1678, a daughter of James, Jr., of Barnstable. At the time of her marriage she had not completed her sixteenth year. She died early, and he married March 16, 1682, Elizabeth Eddy, who was born at Martha's Vineyard May 3, 1659. In another record her name is written Eliza. She was admitted to the Barnstable church July 14, 1710, and was dismissed to the church in Falmouth the following October, and died soon after. For his third wife he married Feb. 13, 1711-12, Experience, widow of Jabez Davis, of Barnstable. She was a daughter of David Linnell, and died a widow Dec. 1736, aged about 72.
- Children of Benjamin Hatch born in Falmouth:
- 40. I. Abigail, Aug. 4, 1679.
- Pg.470 is not part of this book preview.
- The descendants of Moses and Sarah Kilham Porter of Pawlet, Vermont : with some notice of their ancestors and those of Timothy Hatch, Amy and Lucy Seymour Hatch, Mary Lawrence Porter and Lucretia Bushnell Porter by Lawrence, John Strachan
- Thomas Hatch, the true ancestor of our branch of the Hatch family, emigrated to Boston, Mass. in 1630, or early in 1634. The name of his wife was Grace, She was of Welsh descent. I think it probable her family name was Lewis, though that is uncertain. He was probably born about the year 1603, somewhere in the county of Kent, and probably in the town of Biddenden, near Cranbrook; but possibly at or near Sandwich on the sea coast.
- They had two children, one son and a daughter. They were probably married about 1624, perhaps 1627.
- JONATHAN, the son, was born in England, probably in 1625. Lydia, the daughter, was probably born about 1628. This implies that his wife, Grace, was born about 1604. It is said he was a tailor by trade. They probably lived in some village, possibly Cranbrook, or Sandwich. His wife, it is said, was the daughter of a farmer, and born and brought up on a farm and accustomed to the usual female labor of a farm at that period of time; among other things to assist in the harvesting or field labor in harvest time and was expert at it. Some anecdotes of them are preserved which show this. He was small, slender, and of feeble strength; she was robust strong and healthy.
- Thomas Hatch was admitted a freeman of the colony of Massacliusetts Bay at Boston, May 14, 1634.
- January 17, 1639, he became one of the nine original purchasers of Yarmouth township, Plymouth colony, on Cape Cod; and was admitted a freeman of that colony and removed to that place from Boston.
- The nine proprietors were Anthony Thatcher, John Crome, Marmaduke Matthews, Thomas Hower, Philip Tabor, William Palmer, Samuel Rider, William Lump-
- kin and Thomas Hatch. See records of Plymouth colony, General Conrt, January 7, 1639, O. S. for the record of the grant. Part of these persons probably emigrated in the same ship with him, as they were made freemen at Boston with him.
- In 1640, he became an equal, or joint, proprietor of the township of Barnstable with about twenty-five other men. In June, 1641, he is described as "of Barnstable" in deeds and public records of the colony, and therefore had become a resident of that town. He died there in the year 1661, a respected citizen. He was a member of the Congregational church of that town and probably was a member of that church before leaving England.
- He was a man of considerable pecuniary means. He was a resident freeholder in Dorchester, Mass., May 14, 1634.
- JONATHAN HATCH of Falmouth.
- Jonathan Hatch of Falmouth, son of Thomas and Grace Hatch of Barnstable, was born in England about 1625, and emigrated to America with his parents and resided with them at Boston, Yarmouth and Barnstable. He was of very robust constitution and lived to a great age, it is said near 100 years. He married Sarah Rowley at Barnstable, April 11, 1646.
- They had the following children:
- 1. Mary. (m. Weeks.) b. at Barnstable July 16, 1647.
- 2. Thomas. b. at Barnstable, Jan 1. 1649.
- 3. Jonathan. b. at Barnstable, May 16, 1652.
- 4. Joseph. b. at Barnstable, June 10, 1654.
- 5. BENJAMIN. b. at Barnstable, June 6, 1655.
- 6. Nathaniel. b. at Barnstable, Sept. 3, 1657.
- 7. Samuel. b. at Barnstable, Oct. 4, 1659.
- 8. Moses. b. at Falmouth, March 4, 1663.
- 9. Sarah. (m. Wing.) b. at Falmouth, March 23, 1665.
- 10. Mercy. (m. Rowley. b. at Falmouth, April 27, 1667.
- 11. Lydia. b. at Falmouth, May 16, 1669.
- He was one of the fourteen original purchasers of the township of Falmouth, removed there in 1660, and died there. His son, Moses, was the first child born in that town. He and his sons were large landholders in that town. He died in 1711.
- BENJAMIN HATCH of Falmouth.
- Benjamin Hatch married Mary Hamblin, Jan. 17, 1678.
- .... etc.
Capt. Joseph Hatch's Timeline
May 7, 1654
Falmouth, (Present Barnstable County), Plymouth Colony (Present Massachusetts), (Present USA)
January 15, 1683
Falmouth, MA, USA
March 17, 1684
Falmouth, Barnstable, Massachusetts, USA
July 10, 1687
Falmouth, Barnstable County, Dominion of New England (Present Massachusetts)
August 3, 1689
Falmouth, Barnstable County, Dominion of New England (Present Massachusetts), (Present USA)
October 28, 1691
Falmouth, Barnstable County, Province of Massachusetts
November 9, 1693
Falmouth, Barnstable, Massachusetts, United States
June 2, 1695
Falmouth, MA, USA
November 6, 1697
Falmouth, MA, USA