Catherine Cornwell (Hunnicutt)
|Birthplace:||Surry, Virginia, USA|
|Death:||Died in Surry, Virginia, USA|
Daughter of Augustine Hunnicutt, I and Mary Alice Hunnicutt
|Managed by:||James Michael Jr. McCullough, Jr.|
Matching family tree profiles for Catherine Cornwell
About Catherine Cornwell
- Birth: ABT 1668 in Surry Co., VA
- Father: Augustine Hunnicutt b: ABT 1625 in England
- Mother: Mary Carter b: ABT 1640
- Marriage 1 Samuel Cornwell b: ABT 1663
- Has Children ?XY... Cornwell
- Has Children Elizabeth Cornwell b: ABT 1688
- Has Children Mary Cornwell b: ABT 1690
- Has No Children Samuel Cornwell b: ABT 1692
In Augustin Hunnicutt’s will dated 30 May 1682, proved 6 Mar 1683, Augustine Sen’r gives Son Augustine Hunnicutt land to be added to forty acres of land he formerly gave him and acknowledged in Surry County all the land I have granted to me by Leven [-?-] and Geo Carter formerly of Surry County; son Robert all the land I have on the North side of a Cart path; Wife Mary land where on I now live during her natural life and after her death to Daughter Katherine; Loving wife Mary and Son Augustine full and Sole Executors.
Augustine and Mary had the following children:
- 2 i. Katherine Hunnicutt was born about 1660 married Samuel Cornwell. Katherine and probably her brother, Augustine were bound to the court for 40,000 pounds of tobacco when she was granted administration of her husband’s estate in on 2 9thmo 1680. Because of the way the date appears in the records (9thmo) she probably joined the Quaker sect.
Katherine married Samuel Cornwell about 1677 in Surry County, Virginia. He was born about 1655, died before 2 9thmo 1680.
They probably had a son
- named Samuel, who died between Mar 1717/8 and 20 Aug 1718. Samuel, Jr married Sarah Tooke. His will mentions sons: Samuel, Jacob, Aaron, John, and Moses, Eldest daughter, brother-in-law Samuel Hargrove, son-in-law Samuel Seebrell. He lived in Lawnes Creek Parish. Perhaps his eldest daughter married Samuel Seebrell and his mother married a Hargrove and had Samuel. He must have had other daughters.