Catherine Spelman (Styward)
|Also Known As:||"Catherine Steward", "Katherin Steward", "Katherin Styward", "Katherine Styward", "Katherine Steward"|
|Birthplace:||Swaffham, Norfolk, England|
|Death:||Died in Stow, Norfolk, England|
|Place of Burial:||Stow by Breccles, Norfolk|
Daughter of Thomas Styward of Swaffham and Cecilia
|Managed by:||Mark Charles Woodward|
Matching family tree profiles for Catherine (Styward) Spelman
About Catherine (Styward) Spelman
- Spelman genealogy; the English ancestry and American descendants of Richard Spelman of Middletown, Connecticut, 1700 .. (1910)
- Henry Spilman died in 1432. His wife, Isabella, died in 1444, ....
- The two sons of Henry and Isabella were Robert and John Spelman, their name being spelled with the "e." ....
- John Spelman of Spilmans-place, Lord of the Manors of Bekerton and Crow, ....
- He married first, Catherine, the daughter of Thomas Styward of Swaffham, County Norfolk. She died in 1432, and was buried in Stow Church. The issue of this marriage was; Anna, who married--Fincham; Elizabeth; Katherine, who married, first, Edmund Paston, Knight, and, second, E. Clypesby; Robert; and Henry, of whom below.
- The second wife of John Spelman was Mariana, and by this marriage he had a son, John, and, perhaps, a son, William. Mariana survived her husband, at whose death, in 1460, she received Crow's Hall for her lifetime. His will was dated 24 April 1460, and mentions his wife and all his children. (Norfolk Archaeology, Volume I.)
- The heir of John Spelman was his eldest son, Henry, who became ... by his first marriage, to Ela, the widow of Thomas Shouldham, and the daughter and co-heiress of William de Narburgh ...
- Henry Spelman died 23 September, 1496, ... etc.
- Henry Spelman, the Recorder of Norwich, survived his first wife, Ela de Narburgh, and married, second, Katherine. or Christian, the daughter and co-heiress of Thomas Manning of Great Elmingham, County Norfolk, and of the latter's wife, Elizabeth, daughter and co-heiress of Thomas Jenny. .... etc.
- The Visitation of Norfolk in the Year 1563 (1878) Vol.1
- 87. Spelman. Pg.249-260
- John Spelman, Lord of C????? Bekerton, &c., ??, 1460. Will proved 10 Jan., 1460-1. m1. Catherine dau. of Thomas Stuward, of Swaffham, co. Norf. 1st wife, parents of Henry (m. Christiana Manning & Ela Narborough); m2. Mariona, 2 wife, had the M. of Crowshall for life, living 24 Apr. 1460, ch: Robert, John, William, Agnes (m. Thomas Fincham), Elizabeth, Katherine (m. William Clipesby & Edmund Paston) Spelman; son of (Pg.250 (Henry) Stephen Spilman, of Spelman's Place Lord of Bekerton M. in Stow-Bedon. Ob. 1432. & Isabella.)
- THIS CHART LISTS WILLIAM SPELMAN WHO MAR. ANNE COO TWICE WITH DIFFERENT MOTHERS
- Henry Spelman son of Catherine (Stuward) & John Spelman, m1. Christiana dau. of Thomas Manning by Elizabeth (Jenny) ch: Thomas (m. Anne Conyers) & William (m. Anna dau. of Christopher Coo); m2. Ela dau. of William Narborough ch: (Pg.252 Sir John (m. Elizabeth Frowick), Anne (m. Henry Mack Williams), Katherine (m. Rich' Sefoule & _ Drury), Elizabeth (m. John Goldingham), dau. (m. _ Drury), William (m. Anne Coo), John (a priest), Henry (d.1530-1533) Spelman
- Will of Henry Spelman
- 18 Sept. 1496. I Henry Spelman of Narborough; -- To be buried in the chancell of Narborough church; -- To pray for the souls of Thomas Bockerton and Margaret his wife; -- the soul of my father John Spelman; -- the soul of "Magister" Robert Spelman, my uncle; -- I make Edmund Paston, Ralph Pulvertoft, and Thomas Wake, my executors; -- My lands of Rokeland and Bockhylls, &c., to be divided between John Spelman of London, and Henry Spelman my sons; -- To Thomas Spelman my son and heir; -- to William Spelman, of Stow Bedon, my son. -- Proved 3 Feb. 1496, P. C. C. (Horne 3.)
Catherine (Styward) Spelman's Timeline
Swaffham, Norfolk, England
Bekerton, Stow, Norfolk, England
Stow, Norfolk, England
Stow by Breccles, Norfolk