Cecilia Throckmorton (Baynham)
|Also Known As:||"Cecily"|
|Birthplace:||Clearwell, Newland, Gloucestershire, England|
|Death:||Died in Thornworth, Gloucestershire, England|
Daughter of Sir Thomas Baynham and Mary Baynham
|Managed by:||Southard Lippincott|
Matching family tree profiles for Cecilia Throckmorton
About Cecilia Throckmorton
- Cicely Baynham1
- F, #284126, b. circa 1586
- Last Edited=21 May 2008
- Cicely Baynham was born circa 1586.1 She was the daughter of Thomas Baynham and Mary Winter.1 She married Sir William Throckmorton, 1st Bt., son of Sir Thomas Throckmorton and Elizabeth Berkeley.1
- Her married name became Throckmorton.1
- Children of Cicely Baynham and Sir William Throckmorton, 1st Bt.
- 1.Sir Nicholas Throckmorton+2 b. a 1579, d. Jun 1664
- 2.Sir Baynham Throckmorton, 2nd Bt.+1 b. c 1606, d. 28 May 1664
- 1.[S15] George Edward Cokayne, editor, The Complete Baronetage, 5 volumes (no date (c. 1900); reprint, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 1983), volume I, page 65. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Baronetage.
- 2.[S15] George Edward Cokayne, The Complete Baronetage, volume I, page 66.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p28413.htm#i284126
- Sir Baynham Throckmorton, 2nd Baronet (1606– 28 May 1664), of Clearwell, Gloucestershire, supported the Royalist cause during the English Civil War and was a Member of Parliament for Gloucestershire from 1661 until his death on 28 May 1664.
- Throckmorton was born about 1606 to Sir William Throckmorton, 1st Baronet (died 1628) and Cicely Baynham, daughter of Thomas Baynham (died 1611) of Clearwell, Gloucestershire by Mary Winter, daughter of Sir William Winter of Lydney. ....
- From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sir_Baynham_Throckmorton,_2nd_Baronet
- Cecilia BAYNHAM
- Born: ABT 1546, Newland, Gloucestershire, England
- Died: Tortworth, Gloucestershire, England
- Father: Thomas BAYNHAM (Sir)
- Mother: Mary WINTER
- Married: William THROCKMORTON (Sir) 1568, Thornworth, Gloucester, England
- 1. Hannah THROCKMARTON
- 2. John THROCKMORTON
- 3. Anne THROCKMORTON
- 4. Elizabeth THROCKMORTON
- 5. Baynham THROCKMORTON (Sir Bt.)
- 6. Thomas THROCKMORTON
- 7. Hannah THROCKMORTON
- 8. William THROCKMORTON
- 9. Nicholas THROCKMORTON (Sir Knight)
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/BAYNHAM.htm#Cecilia BAYNHAM1
- Throckmorton, of Tortworth, co. Gloucester (E Baronet, 1611 - 1682)
- Sir William Throckmorton, 1st Bt.
- son and heir of Sir Thomas Throckmorton, of Tortworth, co. Gloucester, by his first wife Elizabeth Berkeley, dau. of Sir Richard Berkeley, of Stoke
- born c. 1579
- mar. (1) Cicely Baynham (b. c. 1586), 1st dau. and cohrss. of Thomas Baynham, of Clowerwell in Newland, co. Glouceser, by his wife Mary Winter, dau. of Sir William Winter, of Lydney, co. Gloucester
- children by first wife
- 1. Sir Baynham Throckmorton, 2nd Bt.
- 2. Sir Nicholas Throckmorton, of Hewelsfield, co. Gloucester (d. June 1664), mar., and had issue: ....
- 1. Hannah Throckmorton, mar. as his second wife John Johnson, of Ayscoughfee Hall (bur. 10 Mar 1666/7), and had issue
- mar. (2) Alice Morgan
- mar. (3) Sarah Hall
- died 18 Jul 1628 (bur. at Newland, co. Gloucester)
- created 29 Jun 1611 a Baronet of England, styled "of Tortworth, co. Gloucester"
- suc. by son by first wife
- note suc. his father 1607; knighted 1608
- From: http://www.cracroftspeerage.co.uk/online/content/throckmortonb1611.htm
- (A) Sir Thomas Throckmorton of Tortworth, Sheriff of Gloucester (d 1607)
- m1. Elizabeth Berkeley (dau of Sir Richard Berkeley of Stoke)
- (i) Sir William Throckmorton, 1st Bart of Tortworth (b c1579, d 18.07.1628)
- m1. Cicely Baynham (b c1586, dau. of Thomas Baynham of Clowerwwall by Mary Winter)
- (a) Sir Baynham Throckmorton, 2nd Bart of Tortworth (b c1606, d 28.05.1664)
- m. ....
- (b) Sir Nicholas Throckmorton of Hewelsfield, Gloucestershire (d 06.1664)
- ((1)) ....
- (c) Hannah Throckmorton probably of this generation
- m2. Alice Morgan
- m3. Sarah Hale or Hall
- From: Stirnet
William Throckmorton [Parents] was born in 1550 in Thornworth, Gloucester, England. He died in Jul 1628 in Newland, Gloucester, England. He married Cecilia Baynham in 1568.
Cecilia Baynham was born in 1555 in Clearwell, Newell, Gloucester, England. She married William Throckmorton in 1568.
They had the following children:
F i Hannah Throckmorton
Cecilia Throckmorton's Timeline
Wilmington, Kent, England
Clearwell, Newland, Gloucestershire, England
Of, Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England
Clowerall, Gloucestershire, England
Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England
Probably Clearwell, Gloucestershire, England
Hewelsfield, Gloucestershire, England
March 1, 1932
March 1, 1932