Historical records matching Charlie Hadden Moore
About Charlie Hadden Moore
Birth: Nov. 3, 1891 Robeson County North Carolina, USA
Death: Jul. 12, 1943 Prospect (Robeson County) Robeson County North Carolina, USA
Charlie Hadden was the son of Rev. W. L. and Mary Catherine Oxendine Moore. He married Marie Sampson on Dec. 13, 1911 in Robeson county, North Carolina.
The following was taken from the Jul. 12, 1943 edition of THE ROBESONIAN:
Charlie H. Moore, 51, one of the most prominent Indians of the Old Prospect community, fell from a tractor-drawn trailer this morning and died shortly after being brought to a Lumberton sanatorium.
Death was attributed to a heart attack, which was believed to have been the cause of his fall.
The accident occurred about 7 o'clock, while Mr. Moore was riding behind a tractor driven by his son, Charles Moore. The men were about a mile from home, on a road near the Bullard gin, when the elder man fell from the trailer in which tobacco was being hauled. The son said the trailer passed over his father's body, and that he complained that his head hurt. He was brought here in an automobile.
Deceased was a native and lifelong resident of the Prospect community. He was son of the late Rev. W. L. Moore and a member of Prospect church. Surviving are his wife; three other sons, Curtis Moore of Baltimore, Md., James E. Moore and Henry Moore of the home; three daughters, Mrs. Carrie M. Dial, Misses Marjorie and Mary Moore; one brother, L. W. Moore, and two sisters, Mrs. N. H. Dial and Mrs. Early Bullard.
Funeral arrangements awaited contact with the son in Baltimore.
- **NOTE: In 1930, he graduated from what is presently known as the University of North Carolina at Pembroke. In July 2007, the Heritage Walk was dedicated to serve as a permanent monument to all of the university's graduates from 1905 to 1954. C. H. was honored by having his name engraved on a brick in the Heritage Walk walkway in front of Old Main, the oldest building on the campus.
- William Luther Moore (1857 - 1930)
- Mary Catherine Oxendine Moore (1854 - 1928)
- Marie Sampson Moore (1887 - 1973)*
- Louis Curtis Moore (1913 - 1980)*
- Charles L. Moore (1917 - 1996)*
- Marjorie Violet Moore Rhodes (1919 - 1991)*
- Henry Moore (1925 - 1993)*
Faithful to every day
Burial: Moore Family Cemetery Prospect (Robeson County) Robeson County North Carolina, USA
Created by: melanie