Charlotte Wardle Martinez-Cardeza (Drake)
|Also Known As:||"Lottie"|
|Birthplace:||from Germantown, PA, USA|
|Death:||Died in Pennsylvania, USA|
|Place of Burial:||Pennsylvania, USA|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Historical records matching Charlotte Wardle Martinez-Cardeza
About Charlotte Wardle Martinez-Cardeza
- Name: Mrs Charlotte Wardle Cardeza (née Drake)
- Born: Monday 10th April 1854
- Age: 58 years
- Married to James Warburton Martinez Cardeza.
- Last Residence: in Germantown Pennsylvania United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 17755 , £512 6s 7d
- Cabin No.: B51/53/55
- Rescued (boat 3)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Tuesday 1st August 1939
- Cause of Death: Heart Failure / Disease
- Buried: West Laurel Hill Montgomery County Pennsylvania United States
Mrs James Warburton Martinez Cardeza (Charlotte Wardle Drake), 58, from Germantown, PA, boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg with her son Thomas and her maid Anna Ward. They occupied suite B-51/53/55 (ticket number17755, £512, 6s).
Mrs Cardeza and her entourage brought with them fourteen trunks, four suitcases and three crates of baggage. Mrs Cardeza would later file a detailed claim to the value of £36,567 2s for their loss.
Mrs Cardeza, her son and their servants were rescued in lifeboat 3.
Mrs Cardeza died 1st August 1939, she was buried at West Laurel Hill Cemetery, Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania.
- Michael A. Findlay, USA
- Phillip Gowan, USA
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mr Thomas Drake Martinez Cardeza
- Mr Gustave J. Lesueur
- Miss Annie Moore Ward
http://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/thomas_cardeza_death.html - at time of her son's death in 1952
"the late Mrs. James W. M. Cardeza, a patroness of the arts, survived the sinking of the Titanic, which went down in the North Atlantic after striking an iceberg on her maiden voyage. They were returning from Hungary.
His mother, who died at her residence in the Germantown section in 1939, was a big game hunter in Africa and Asia. Her son made four expeditions to Africa."