Claas Jansen Schouw
|Also Known As:||"Swits", "Claes Smits", "Claes Rademaker", "Claes Jansen Schouw"|
|Birthplace:||Zierickzee, , , Holland|
|Death:||Died in Turtle Bay, Nassau, NY, USA|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Claas Jansen Schouw
About Claas Jansen Schouw
Narratives of New Netherland, 1609-1664, Volume 8 edited by John Franklin Jameson > " The Murder Of Claes Smits page 275 " and page 213
the following from
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~brouwergenealogydata/p577.htm#i107641''' Claes Jansen Schouw b. before 1580, d. August 1641
• Claes Jansen Schouw was possibly born before 1580 at Netherlands.
- He died in August 1641; killed by an Indian whose uncle had been murdered by a group of Dutchmen some years before.2
Also known as Claes Swits.1
- Gillisje Claese Schouw+1 b. bt 1600 - 1610
- Cornelis Claes Swits+ b. bt 1610 - 1620, d. 9 Nov 1655
- [S1631] Prentiss Glazier, Van de Bogart Family, Dutchess Co., N.Y. (Sarasota, Fla.: typed manuscript, 1974), p.1. Hereinafter cited as Van de Bogart Family, Dutchess Co.
- [S3357] James N. Churchyard, "Cornelis Claes Swits and Ariaantje C. Trommels", New Netherland Connections Vol. 5, page 82 (2000). Hereinafter cited as "Cornelis Claes Swits and Ariaantje C. Trommels."
Claas Jansen Schouw's Timeline
Zierickzee, , , Holland
Zierikzee, Schouwen-Duiveland, Zeeland, Netherlands
November 1, 1641
Turtle Bay, Nassau, NY, USA