|Birthplace:||Winter Harbor, ME, USA|
|Death:||Died in Biddeford, ME, USA|
Son of Capt. Samuel Jordan and Olive Smith
|Managed by:||Sherry Martin|
Matching family tree profiles for Col. Tristam Jordan
About Col. Tristam Jordan
(IV) Colonel Tristram, youngest son of Captain Samuel and Olive (Plaisted) Jordan, was born at Winter Harbor, May 13, 1731. He became one of the first merchants on the east side of the Saco river, at the falls, and resided in what was known as the Pepperell House. At the age of twenty-three, in 1754, he was chosen a selectman and at about the same time was commissioned a captain in the militia. In 1787 he was chosen a senator from York county to the Mass. general court. At the close of the revolutionary war he removed from the falls to his estate at Deep Brook, where he died Nov. 1, 1821, aged ninety years.
In addition to the offices mentioned, he served as a magistrate for many years, and in 1776 was commissioned a colonel by the council of Mass.
In 1749 he married (first) in Berwick, Hannah, daughter of Ichabod Goodwin, born July 24, 1730, died July 10, 1775. The Christian name of his second wife was Dorcas; their marriage occurred at Falmouth in 1778 and she died Dec. 19, 1781. On May 21, 1784, he married (third) Hannah Frost, of Berwick, who died Sept. 26, 1789.
- 1. Elizabeth, born March 2, 1751, married William Vaughn, of Portsmouth; died April 5, 1811.
- 2. Hannah, born Dec. 3, 1753, died Jan. 7, 1757.
- 3. Sarah, born Jan. 19, 1756, married Colonel Nathaniel Scammon, son of Captain Humphrey Scammon, of Saco, and had eleven children.
- 4. Hannah, born April 5, 1758, married first, Captain Solomon Coit, of Saco, (second) Captain James Perkins, of Kennebunk; died 1839.
- 5. Olive, born June 24, 1760, married Captain Seth Storer; died Aug. 4, 1842.
- 6. Tristram, born Aug. 1, 1768, married Sarah Scammon.
- 7. Ichabod, born Sept. 24, 1770, married Mary Coffin; died May 20, 1865, aged ninety-five.
- 8. Mary, born Aug. 24, 1772, married Daniel Granger, who served in the revolutionary war; died at Eastport in 1847.
- 9. Mehitable, born July 2, 1775, died Oct. 23, 1779.
- 10. Dorcas, born in March, 1785, married Edward Tucker, of Salem, Mass.; died March 18, 1874.
- 11. Samuel, born July 5, 1786, died in Alexandria, Virginia.
- 12. Rishworth, see next paragraph.
Col. Tristam Jordan's Timeline
May 13, 1731
Winter Harbor, ME, USA
August 1, 1768
Saco, York County, Maine, United States
September 24, 1770
December 24, 1816
November 1, 1821
Biddeford, ME, USA