Matching family tree profiles for Countess Elizabeth Wenyworth, of Worcester
About Countess Elizabeth Wenyworth, of Worcester
From Darryl Lundy's Peerage page on Elizabeth West:
Elizabeth West 
- F, #107360
- Last Edited=28 Dec 2008
Elizabeth West was the daughter of Sir Thomas West, 8th Lord la Warre and Elizabeth Mortimer.,
She married Charles Somerset, 1st Earl of Worcester, son of Henry Beaufort, 2nd Duke of Somerset and Joan Hill, after 1513.
From after 1513, her married name became Somerset., As a result of her marriage, Elizabeth West was styled as Countess of Worcester.
Child of Elizabeth West and Charles Somerset, 1st Earl of Worcester
- 1. Lady Mary Somerset+
- 1. [S11] Alison Weir, Britain's Royal Family: A Complete Genealogy (London, U.K.: The Bodley Head, 1999), page 105. Hereinafter cited as Britain's Royal Family.
- 2. [S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume XII/2, page 848. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- 3. [S37] Charles Mosley, editor, Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knightage, 107th edition, 3 volumes (Wilmington, Delaware, U.S.A.: Burke's Peerage (Genealogical Books) Ltd, 2003), volume 2, page 2246. Hereinafter cited as Burke's Peerage and Baronetage, 107th edition.
- http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/WEST.htm#Elizabeth WEST6
- 'Elizabeth WEST
- Born: ABT 1492, Pontefract, Yorkshire, England
- Father: John WEST (Esq.)
- Mother: ¿?
- Married: Roger WENTWORTH
- 1. Hugh WENTWORTH
- 2. Thomas WENTWORTH (Married: Alice WATSON)
- 3. Darcy WENTWORTH (b. ABT 1526)
6 Sir Charles Somerset (d. 1526) of Chepstow and Raglan and Kew, co. Surrey, raised to the peerage as Lord Herbert in 1503 or 1504 and created earl of Worcester in 1514, m. (1) Elizabeth (W), d. of William Herbert (d. 1490), earl of Pembroke and Lord of Chepstow, Raglan and Gower; (2) Elizabeth (E), d. of Thomas West (d. 1525), Lord De La Warr of co. Sussex; and (3) Eleanor (E), d. of Edward Sutton (d. 1532), lord Dudley, who after Somerset's death m., as his second wife, Leonard (d. 1541), Lord Grey (GEC, Complete Peerage, vol. xii, pt. ii, p. 850).