Matching family tree profiles for David McKee
About David McKee
Also has been listed as son of samuel Mckee & SARAH “SALLY” CARLISLE
"By 1799, David McKee was in Harrison County, Kentucky. The NovemberCourt that year (Book A, pg. 203) lists him as a member of the Court &authorized payment to him of 18 shillings for serving as a judge to the election for three days.
He began to purchase land in Harrison County in August 1800, & apparently lived there the rest of his life.
The August Court that year show him named guardian of an orphan, Bernard Vanderen.
The Harrison County November 1800 Court records (Book A, page 236) show that he was paid 6 shillings for his service as judge of an election day. He was probably a farmer from then until his death.
In his will he provided a special bequest for his unmarried daughter Margaret, who had remained at home to care for her parents, &left the balance of his estate to be divided equally among his children. He owned one slave at the time of his death, & provided for his emancipation.
The record of settlement of his estate (Harrison County Deed Book 8, pp. 467-68) shows payment of $1,000 to Margaret McKee &$383.44 to each of the children as their equal shares.
By 1836, all the children of David & Jane Wallace McKee, save their daughter, Margaret, had married & left Kentucky, settling in Indiana, Illinois, & Missouri. The siblings may not have been alltogether again until June 1874, when a family reunion was held inChatham, Illinois, at the home of the eldest sister, Eliza Van Deren.
Manuscript account of that reunion, written by Rev. J.D. Jones, indicates that Eliza Van Deren, Nancy McClintock, Margaret McKee, David Davies McKee, Elizabeth Hamilton, Cynthia Rannells, & John Wallace McKee attended. Martha Ardery & Archibald McKee had died before 1874.
Some members of Martha
s family were there, along with David D. McKees wife,& Archibald Buntin McKee, the younger son of Samuel McKee, Jr., & a first cousin to the McKee siblings."
Will of David McKee "In the name of God amen. I, David McKee, of the County of Harrison &State of Kentucky, being somewhat weak & infirm in body but of sound mind& memory & calling to mind the uncertainty of life & certainty of death,
I do now make & ordain this as my last will & testament.
And first it is my will that all my just debts if any be paid immediately after my decease including funeral expense.
And as respecting what property of this world which the disposer of all things has been pleased to give me,I wish it to be disposed of in the following manner, to wit:
That if the life of my beloved wife Jane McKee should be prolonged beyond that of mine, that my farm & dwelling shall remain in her possesion unmolested during her lifetime with all the benefits arising there from unless my wife with a majority of our children should judge it to be wise for her convenience & comfort to sell the farm in her lifetime & so as to secure to her a comfortable living & furthur whatever cash notes or money & the amount of what stock of any kind may be on hand or what goods or chattels that she may not need to be at her disposal with the privilege of giving to our children, as she may think will be just & equal; again whereas our beloved daughter Margaret McKee has & still lives with us my will is that she shall have a horse & saddle with other household staff to the amount of two hundred dollars & is to have her living on the farm while she remains with & takes care of her mother; & when the farm is sold, she isto have eight hundred dollars as an acknowledgement for her past services& for what she may yet render to the family & will be entitled to unequal share with the rest of my heirs in whatsoever way estate, real or personal may be worth.
My wife & daughter Margaret is to have the benefits of the labor of our black boy, Daniel Porter, during the time of his servitude & should he continue steady & faithful as he has done, my will is that they make him a reasonable compensation for his last years of servitude provided he goes to Liberia
& do now hereby confirm this to be my last will & testament & I do appoint my beloved wife, Jane McKee to be my executrix, & my son, Archibald Mckee executor of this my last will& testament & in witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand & affixed my seal the thirteenth day of August in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred & forty."
Signed in the presence of James McMurtry & John B. Vanderin------David McKee (seal)
2. David McKEE-6 (Samuel) was born 8 Jul 1767 in Augusta County, Virginia. He died 11 Oct 1844 in Harrison County, Kentucky and was buried in McKee Cemetery, Harrison County, Kentucky. David married (MRIN:9) Jane WALLACE-7 on 22 Mar 1794 in Bourbon County, Kentucky. Jane was born 2 Feb 1767 in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. She died 10 Nov 1844 in Harrison County, Kentucky and was buried in McKee Cemetery, Harrison County, Kentucky. daughter of Joseph WALLACE and Jean They had the following children:
- + 11 M i. Archibald McKEE-4 was born 8 May 1800 and died 1856.
- 12 F ii. Eliza McKEE-29 was born 16 May 1795 in Millersburg, Bourbon County, Kentucky. She died 25 Jul 1879 in Boulder, Boulder County, Colorado and was buried in Colombia Cemetery, Boulder, Colorado. Eliza married (MRIN:28) Barnard Van Deren-30 on 27 May 1813 in Kentucky. Barnard was born 22 May 1789 in Bourbon County, Kentucky. He died 6 Jul 1835 in Springfield, Sangamon County, Illinois and was buried in Oak Ridge Cemetery, Springfield, Illinois. son of Bernard Van Deren and Sarah Murray
- 13 F iii. Jane McKEE-31 was born 24 Dec 1796 in Grant County, Kentucky. She died 21 May 1825 in Harrison County, Kentucky and was buried in McKee Cemetery, Harrison County, Kentucky.
- 14 F iv. Martha McKEE-32 was born 11 Apr 1798 in Grant County, Kentucky. She died 17 Dec 1868 in Fugit, Decatur County, Indiana and was buried in Kingston Cemetery, Fugit Township, Indiana. Martha married (MRIN:30) Thomas Ardery-33 on 23 Oct 1823 in Harrison County, Kentucky. Thomas was born 25 Dec 1799 in Kentucky. He died 17 Feb 1846 in Decatur County, Indiana and was buried in Kingston Cemetery, Fugit Township, Indiana.
- 15 F v. Nancy McKEE-34 was born 19 Jan 1802 in Harrison County, Kentucky. She died 28 Nov 1874 in Millersburg, Bourbon County, Kentucky and was buried in Millersburg Cemetery, Millersburg, Bourbon County, Kentucky. Nancy married (MRIN:31) John McClintok-35 on 21 May 1828 in Harrison County, Kentucky. John was born 21 Feb 1791. He died 9 Jul 1840 in Bourbon County, Kentucky and was buried in Millersburg Cemetery, Millersburg, Bourbon County, Kentucky. son of Joseph McClintock and Rebecca Patten
- 16 F vi. Margaret McKEE-36 was born 17 Oct 1803 in Harrison County, Kentucky. She died 25 Feb 1886 in Jacksonville, Morgan County, Illinois and was buried in Diamond Grove Cemetery, Jacksonville, Morgan County, Illinois.
- 17 M vii. David Davies McKEE-37 was born 14 Aug 1805 in Cynthiana, Harrison County, Kentucky. He died 17 Jan 1884 in Hanover, Jefferson County, Indiana and was buried in Hanover Cemetery, Hanover, Jefferson County, Indiana. David married (1-MRIN:33) Lucy Ann Kerr-38 on 20 Oct 1836 in Bowling Green, Warren County, Kentucky. Lucy was born in Charlottesville, Albermarle County, Virginia. daughter of John R. Kerr She died 24 Aug 1847 in Freeport, Armstrong County, Pennsylvania. David also married (2-MRIN:34) Jane Butler Patterson-39 on 2 Apr 1849 in Hanover, Jefferson County, Indiana. Jane died 6 Mar 1877 in Hanover, Jefferson County, Indiana and was buried in Hanover Cemetery, Hanover, Jefferson County, Indiana. daughter of Amos Butler
- 18 F viii. Elizabeth Gouch McKEE-40 was born 2 Jul 1807 in Harrison County, Kentucky. She died 8 Apr 1884 in Mount Auburn, Benton County, Iowa and was buried in Evergreen Cemetery, Vinton, Benton County, Iowa. Elizabeth married (MRIN:37) Samuel Hamilton-41 on 14 Mar 1829 in Harrison County, Kentucky. Samuel was born 1 Mar 1796 in Kentucky. He died 28 Jun 1844 in Decatur County, Indiana and was buried in Kingston Cemetery, Fugit Township, Decatur County, Indiana. son of Thomas Hamilton and Charity Welsh
- 19 F ix. Cynthia Ann McKEE-42 was born 22 Mar 1809 in Harrison County, Kentucky. She died 1 Aug 1904 in Woodson, Morgan County, Illinois and was buried in Diamond Grove Cemetery, Jacksonville, Morgan County, Illinois. Cynthia married (MRIN:39) David A. Rannels-43 on 23 May 1834 in Harrison County, Kentucky. David was born 8 Feb 1812 in Bourbon County, Kentucky. He died 29 Nov 1873 in Murrayville, Morgan County, Illinois and was buried in Diamond Grove Cemetery, Jacksonville, Morgan County, Illinois.
- 20 M x. John Wallace McKEE-44 was born 10 Jul 1811 in Cynthiana, Harrison County, Kentucky. He died 9 Aug 1897 in McLennan County, Texas and was buried in Robinson Cemetery, Robinson, McLennan County, Texas John married (1-MRIN:40) Eliza McMurtry-45 on 5 Apr 1836 in Harrison County, Kentucky. Eliza was born 26 Mar 1818. She died 22 Apr 1846 in Lincoln County, Missouri. daughter of James McMurty and Ann Bryan John also married (2-MRIN:41) Myra Catherine Herndon-46 on 8 Dec 1846 in Troy, Lincoln County, Missouri. Myra was born 8 Mar 1822 in Fauquier County, Virginia. She died 12 Jan 1900 in McLennan County, Texas and was buried in Robinson Cemetery, Robinson, McLennan County, Texas. daughter of John Chapman Herndon and Alice Nutt.
Virginia Land, Marriage, and Probate Records, 1639-1850 about Samuel McKee
Name: Samuel McKee
Date: 17 May 1785
Location: Augusta Co., VA
This land record was originally published in "Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish Settlement in Virginia, 1745-1800. Extracted from the Original Court Records of Augusta County" by Lyman Chalkley.
Remarks: Patented to Frederick, 1 Feb 1781. Delivered to David McKee, son of Samuel, 14 Apr 1788.
Book date: 25-65
Ancestry.com. Virginia Land, Marriage, and Probate Records, 1639-1850 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2004.
Chalkley, Lyman. Chronicles of the Scotch-Irish Settlement in Virginia, 1745-1800. Extracted from the Original Court Records of Augusta County. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1965. Originally published in 1912.
Crozier, William Armstrong, ed. Virginia County Records - Spotsylvania County Records, 1721-1800. Being transcriptions from the original files at the County Court House of wills, deeds, administrators' and guardians' bonds, marriage licenses, and lists of revolutionary pensioners. New York, NY: Fox, Duffield & Co., 1905.
The will abstracts for Isle of Wight and Norfolk counties were taken from microfilmed copies of the original Will Books. Some of these records may be found at the Family History Library as well as other libraries and archives. The originals may be found at the appropriate county courthouses.
David McKee's Timeline
July 8, 1767
May 16, 1795
Millersburg, Bourbon County, Kentucky
December 24, 1796
Township, Grant, Kentucky, USA
April 11, 1798
April 11, 1798
Fayette, Fayette, Kentucky, United States
May 8, 1800
Cynthiana, Harrison, Kentucky, USA
January 19, 1802
Township, Harrison, Kentucky, USA
August 14, 1803
Township, Harrison, Kentucky, USA
August 14, 1805
Cynthiana, Harrison, Kentucky, USA