About Daniel Floweree
Daniel Routt Floweree was born c. 1738 in Virginia and died in 1815 in Fauquier Co., Virginia. He was the son of Willilam Kemp Floweree and wife Martha Routt. He married Susannah French Jan. 1769. They had eleven children.
John Floweree Singleton was born in 1787 in Fauquier County, Virginia. He was the only child of William and Susannah (Floweree) Singleton. Susannah died at John's birth and he was reared by her parents, Daniel Floweree and his wife Susannah French. Daniel was a wealthy planter with extensive land and slave holdings. John Singleton was reared and educated in the life style of the wealthy southern planters His grandfather's home, in which he was reared, was a large, well furnished home with thirty-two slaves and at Daniel's death in 1815 he had furnishings and bed clothing for seven bedrooms. Daniel had nine children besides John's mother Susannah, who was the eldest, so John grew up in a large family.
Children of Daniel Routt Flowerdee and wife Susannah French:
- Charlotte Floweree, b. Aft Jan 1768
- Daniel Floweree, b. Aft Jan 1768
- French (+) Floweree, b. Aft Jan 1768, Cromwell's Run, Rectortown, Fauquier Co., Virginia , d. Abt 1821
- John Floweree, b. Aft Jan 1768
- Kemp Floweree, b. Aft Jan 1768
- Molly Floweree, b. Aft Jan 1768
- Sarah Floweree, b. Aft Jan 1768
- Susannah Floweree, b. Aft Jan 1768, Cromwell's Run, Rectortown, Fauquier Co., Virginia
- Margaret Peggy Floweree, b. Abt 1770
- William Kemp Floweree, b. Bef 1783
Links to additional material: